Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 EX-L with 46,000 miles. (One of the first produced with a 4 year birthday in June 2020).

I got the 1,3,6 on the maintenance minder and just replaced the differential fluid and changed the oil. I did not do the ATF or the transfer fluid because I had the ATF drained and filled 3 times at 37,000 miles due to TSB 17-015 (judder while accelerating).

I went to my stealership for info and I found out that only the 6 speed has a transfer case and that their recommended mileage is 60,000 based on the maintenance interval (they still use the paper mileage / interval system).

Does this sound right to you guys? I was thinking regardless of mileage, 4 years might be time to swap it out. I won’t hit 60,000 until next summer at age 5.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
2016 EX-L with 46,000 miles. (One of the first produced with a 4 year birthday in June 2020).

I got the 1,3,6 on the maintenance minder and just replaced the differential fluid and changed the oil. I did not do the ATF or the transfer fluid because I had the ATF drained and filled 3 times at 37,000 miles due to TSB 17-015 (judder while accelerating).

I went to my stealership for info and I found out that only the 6 speed has a transfer case and that their recommended mileage is 60,000 based on the maintenance interval (they still use the paper mileage / interval system).

Does this sound right to you guys? I was thinking regardless of mileage, 4 years might be time to swap it out. I won’t hit 60,000 until next summer at age 5.

Thoughts?
Since it’s just the beginning of the summer, I would. The stuff just isn’t as effective in the last 10,000 miles and you got a round of hot powertrain weather coming up...plus, It’s a Honda transmission...another reason just to replace its fluids to baby it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts