Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the transfer case fluid in 2012 pilot and am not sure of amount to put in. I have heard people say about a pint and some say fill it up til it starts coming out of the fill hole. Does any one know if one method is right? Filling to the point of coming out of the fill hole appears to be more then a pint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The manual says 0.48 US Quart. I would imagine if you put a pint in, whether or not it is coming out of the filler hole, you would be good.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I am changing the transfer case fluid in 2012 pilot and am not sure of amount to put in. I have heard people say about a pint and some say fill it up til it starts coming out of the fill hole. Does any one know if one method is right? Filling to the point of coming out of the fill hole appears to be more then a pint.
That is what I do .. fill it till it drips .. Also make you can get the refill plug open first ..do not drain then you realize you cant get the fill plug to budge.. Yes it does take a little more than a pint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, is that in repair manual because I can't find anything in owners manual.
Yes, I have a shop manual set and that is where I got the 0.48 quarts. The owners manual has it listed on page 465 (in the 2013 version) under Specifications, sub listing Transfer Assembly Fluid with a volume of 0.45 quarts. My guess is that the additional volume from the shop manual set is for an empty case being installed and the lower volume listed in the owners manual is for a service fluid change.

Like others have said, I've always filled it until it comes out of the fill plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts