Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After I fix this I’m done tinkering with this car. Lol. I’m used to Toyota’s and I keep getting into issues so thank you in advance for your assistance.

I went to clean the throttle body today on a new to me 08 Honda Pilot. After I cleaned it and the air box, I went ahead and took a look at one of the transmission solenoids as I’d read on here the little metal screens get clogged and need to be cleaned. I’m halfway there disassembly wise so I went ahead. I found a little build up but not bad for 167,000 miles. I put it all back together and went to take it for a test drive and I’m sick to my stomach. The trans is shifting hard and shuttering between what I think is 2-3 and 3-4th gear. I had a CEL pop on immediately after starting. It has the yellow truck angle and engine emblem illuminated as well as the “VTM-4 VSA”. A code scan showed P0108

I have no idea what to do next so your assistance is appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could the map sensor cause this issue? Did I possibly damage or adjust something on the throttle body instead of the trans?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I’m an idiot and left the map connection loose. All the CEL lights went away except for the engine light. The shudder seems to be gone. I’m working my way in the right direction. Lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I’ve checked everything and also cleaned the MAP with the correct cleaner. Tried to clear the code with my handheld code reader and my WiFi OBD scanner. CEL won’t go out. Car is running smooth and runs fine so I’m lost. Any assistance is appreciated.

·
Administrator
15,583 Posts
Lets drive it for a few days to see if it self extinguishes....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts