Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site. I own a 2016 Pilot AWD, Touring. My transmission 2-3rd gear shifting is getting worse and worse. Is there a recall to fix this issue. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  1. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I don't believe there are any recalls although there are some service bulletins for your transmission that involve replacing the fluid and a software update. Are you still under waranty? What's your milage?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Have you purchased an extended waranty? (helps paying for repairs rather than trouble shooting and repairing yourself.) To say that your having a shifting isuse between 2 and 3 specifically, and you have kept up with changing your fluid then likely you have a mechanical issue. There are shift solinoids that are on the outer housing that can be replaced with ease. Just need to determine which one. This is a fairly common problem although it could be worse if internal. Is your engine light on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nail Grease,
My engine light is not on. I am being proactive. I bought the vehicle used at 22,000 miles and since then, i have noticed the shifting is progressively getting worse.
I am a little mechanic savy so i do understand the tranny solenoid issue. I have thought of the warranty, need to look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts