Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've tried every search engine known to man, both of them, but I cannot find any writeup or video on replacing the rear trailing arms specifically for a Pilot. Tons of generic "honda" videos, but it's usually a Civic with a very different looking suspension. I've had two different shops (one a reputable indie Honda shop) tell me the bushings are shot and the eccentric bolt on one is seized (and I'm starting to eat tires). I've successfully replaced the front suspension, but that was because there are quite a few decent videos to follow, none such seem to exist for the rear on a Pilot. I'm also aware about the parking brake issue. I could take it to the shop (and pay the labor), but I had already bought the trailing arms and replacement eccentric bolt (and too late to return them) so I figured I'd at least take a shot at DIY once it warms up.

Also, don't know if this is related, but the steering seems kinda vague lately. Again, could be tires/alignment issues.

Anyone know where to look, if anywhere? Has anyone even done it themselves?

Thanks
2004 Honda Pilot EX

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Hi, I've tried every search engine known to man, both of them, but I cannot find any writeup or video on replacing the rear trailing arms specifically for a Pilot. Tons of generic "honda" videos, but it's usually a Civic with a very different looking suspension. I've had two different shops (one a reputable indie Honda shop) tell me the bushings are shot and the eccentric bolt on one is seized (and I'm starting to eat tires). I've successfully replaced the front suspension, but that was because there are quite a few decent videos to follow, none such seem to exist for the rear on a Pilot. I'm also aware about the parking brake issue. I could take it to the shop (and pay the labor), but I had already bought the trailing arms and replacement eccentric bolt (and too late to return them) so I figured I'd at least take a shot at DIY once it warms up.

Also, don't know if this is related, but the steering seems kinda vague lately. Again, could be tires/alignment issues.

Anyone know where to look, if anywhere? Has anyone even done it themselves?

Thanks
2004 Honda Pilot EX
OK, Flint from DC? DC? I'm sorry.

I also don't have a how to or link for you.

How many miles on this 04 Pilot?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
OK Piloteers!

This member needs some info on replacing the rear trailing arms!

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts