Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 pilot Exl 4wd. We would like to set it up to tow our aliner camper. Is our model pilot prewired to accept a 7 pin trailer wiring harness or just a 4 pin. Also will it have a pig tail to plug in a brake controller under the dash. I got conflicting answers from our local Honda parts & service departments.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The wire harness it comes as a 7 pin standard depends on what harness end you get. The wire harness is already hardwired to the back of the truck. take a look at the little 4" square at the drivers side rear panel .All you do is complete the install for the end of the harness and add fuses. For the brake controller its not plug and play you would need to hardwire the unit in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2015 pilot Exl 4wd. We would like to set it up to tow our aliner camper. Is our model pilot prewired to accept a 7 pin trailer wiring harness or just a 4 pin. Also will it have a pig tail to plug in a brake controller under the dash. I got conflicting answers from our local Honda parts & service departments.
The brake controller adapter is Honda 08L91-SZA-100A Trailer Hitch Harness

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watched a video on installing a brake controller in a 2012 pilot. It showed a connector under the dash taped to the wiring to hook the controller too. I found this connection under my dash in the same place. What’s the possibility our Pilot is prewired for a controller even though it’s not supposed to be? AA9CCC6C-7BBD-41E5-B2B5-13C232596E8A.jpeg

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Well you found it .. it is the correct wire here is the controller that will work with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tahofever that’s the video I watched. Made me decide to check out our car for the connection even though I’ve been told it shouldn’t have one. So it looks like it’s going to be a pretty simple plug and play installation at both the rear & under dash to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any reason to get the Honda part (08l91-sea-100a) over the Tekonsha part(118265). They both look the same but the Tekonsha is about $100 less. Our car is still under warranty. Would that sway anyone’s decision.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
basically it comes down to the warranty on the controllers... if they are the same then you just saved a 100 bucks towards a pack of beer or something to help with the install :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts