Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have gone through some of the threads about this subject but I have not seen anything like I am experiencing. I have a 2011 pilot with a Curt wiring harness for the trailer. I have running lights but no turn signals. I have checked all the fuses and have no indication of voltage at the receptacle by the hitch. Any ideas?
Thank you

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Did you use a harness that plugs into the factory plug and you add fuses under the hood or did you use a T-connector harness that plugs into the taillights and uses them for signals to a controller box? If you used a T-connector and your trailer lights shorted you could have blown the controller box. If you used the OEM style the first thing I'd do is find my trailer light fuses and check for power at the fuse itself... could be a bad relay maybe, check the relay for power as well.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Did you use a harness that plugs into the factory plug and you add fuses under the hood or did you use a T-connector harness that plugs into the taillights and uses them for signals to a controller box? If you used a T-connector and your trailer lights shorted you could have blown the controller box. If you used the OEM style the first thing I'd do is find my trailer light fuses and check for power at the fuse itself... could be a bad relay maybe, check the relay for power as well.
If you have the factory harness, don't forget to check the fuses/relays located in the rear cargo area (driver side, small access panel) as well. The fuse up in the engine compartment got me when I added trailer brakes to my 2011 Pilot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts