Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trailer wiring harness question. I've got a 2019 Pilot with an OEM hitch, and now I'm wanting to add the harness. I'm located in Canada, and the part number here is 08L91-TG7-300B, and in the US, it appears to be 08L91-TG7-100B. The prices in Canada is nearly 3x, but I can't seem to find any literature that would suggest the Canadian model is any different than the US. I'm wondering if this is a Honda money grab, or something is materially different in the harnesses. Anyone know? Thanks.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
Honda money grab
I can't really tell you since I'm in a 2006 and I haven't researched your particular model year situation, but post when you find out for sure. I know where my money is.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Good grief....there is a MASSIVE difference in pricing..300B is likely a later generation version. Have you look at third party wiring options as well?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Don't know what the VAT would be but you might look here:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Edit: Never mind, I realize the difference in part number in the 19+ Pilots and the older ones is the 19+ Pilots have a "B" added to the end, they're still the same price.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Trailer wiring harness question. I've got a 2019 Pilot with an OEM hitch, and now I'm wanting to add the harness. I'm located in Canada, and the part number here is 08L91-TG7-300B, and in the US, it appears to be 08L91-TG7-100B. The prices in Canada is nearly 3x, but I can't seem to find any literature that would suggest the Canadian model is any different than the US. I'm wondering if this is a Honda money grab, or something is materially different in the harnesses. Anyone know? Thanks.
I just did a quick check on e-trailer.com. They have several third-party wiring harnesses listed for your 2019, ranging from $55 to $105 American. Manufacturers are Curt and Tekonsha. I installed a Curt harness in my 2018 EX-L, the quality and fit was very good. I suggest that you contact e-trailer directly about your Pilot. They should know if there is some Canada-specific need for your trailer wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts