Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of you for your wonderful input and information sharing. This board has been a wealth of information for me and has assisted in the fix of a Pilot problem more than once.

On Saturday I traded my Pilot in toward an '03 Odyssey. I agonized for months and finally just made the jump. It took me only 24 hours to know that I made the right decision. The Ody fits my lifestyle much better. Even my kids are happier!

So, I guess I'll be joining the Ody Club forums, but I wanted to thank all of my fellow Piloteers for a great year! I'll be lookin' for ya on the road. :)

Take care!

Tasha

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
TNT said:
Thanks to all of you for your wonderful input and information sharing. This board has been a wealth of information for me and has assisted in the fix of a Pilot problem more than once.

On Saturday I traded my Pilot in toward an '03 Odyssey. I agonized for months and finally just made the jump. It took me only 24 hours to know that I made the right decision. The Ody fits my lifestyle much better. Even my kids are happier!

So, I guess I'll be joining the Ody Club forums, but I wanted to thank all of my fellow Piloteers for a great year! I'll be lookin' for ya on the road. :)

Take care!

Tasha
Good luck with your new family carrier. :4:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did the dealer give you a fair trade-in price for your Pilot?

Have fun with your Odyssey!

·
Registered
305 Posts
i'm also wondering what trade-in ya got. (that is, if you come back here and answer before permanently leaving for the Ody boards)

Probably many folks who would like to go find that dealer and buy a slightly used Pilot for a good discount.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They gave me $28,500 for a trade (I had $7,500 miles on it). This is a different market around here for lack of supply. There are waiting lists for both the Pilot & the Ody and folks are not getting their vehicles for less than MSRP. I paid MSRP for the Pilot a year ago. Instead of showing me more in my trade, they went into the profit on the Ody.

What gets you in Maine is the sales tax. I could have sold the Pilot outright, but then I would have to pay the full 5% sales tax on the new Ody, which is roughly $1,350.

My husband was convinced that selling it outright I wouldn't do better than $30k, so I guess I took the easy route. I had the scrunch, saggy leather seats, and up until last week, the dreaded loud spare tire "metallic" sounding rattle. I never would have sold it if they hadn't fixed that.

I also wanted to make the deal last weekend so that I could have the Ody in Sage Brush Pearl with the fern interior. I just love the color. I'm very happy to be in the Ody now and had to let go of the "I'm losing money" feeling that prevented me from making the trade months ago. At least I didn't put the money in the stock market....it's pretty bad when a vehicle is a better investment than the stock market.

Incidentally, the dealership told me they were going to price my trade similar to a new Pilot. They were also thrilled to have it to use as a demo, apparently all the new Pilots are spoken for so the salespeople aren't allowed to drive them.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
well enjoy the Ody and the ody board...:2:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think we will miss you. But the most important thing is for you to get what fits you best and your kids.
We also learn that it can be costly if you didn't made the right decision from beginning....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks timchen. And you know, it really boils down to just that, I didn't make the right choice the first time around. I had '95 Ody before the Pilot & I thought that I was sick of driving a mini van. Unfortunately, my young family wasn't ready to be out of that stage. I was hoisting kids over the seats to get to the 3rd row & then struggling to fit a weeks worth of groceries in the small space that was left over.

Maine just passed a law that all kids under 8 must be in a car seat. That translates to booster seats for me & I couldn't fit 3 across in either row. Frustrating!

Then I'd yell, "Don't open your door! Don't hit that car! Just get out on my side!". At least now I don't have to worry so much about the cars parked beside me.

If I didn't need the minivan, I'd still be in the Pilot. It definitely is more enjoyable to drive from the drivers perspective.

But why, oh why, does the Ody have front leather heated seats, but the Pilot doesn't? I just don't get that. And conversely, why does the Pilot have a "Not an ashtray" convenient for loose change, but the Ody has cup holders? Who uses cups?

At least I'm still part of the Honda family. :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
TNT said:
Thanks timchen. And you know, it really boils down to just that, I didn't make the right choice the first time around. I had '95 Ody before the Pilot & I thought that I was sick of driving a mini van. Unfortunately, my young family wasn't ready to be out of that stage. I was hoisting kids over the seats to get to the 3rd row & then struggling to fit a weeks worth of groceries in the small space that was left over.

Maine just passed a law that all kids under 8 must be in a car seat. That translates to booster seats for me & I couldn't fit 3 across in either row. Frustrating!

Then I'd yell, "Don't open your door! Don't hit that car! Just get out on my side!". At least now I don't have to worry so much about the cars parked beside me.

If I didn't need the minivan, I'd still be in the Pilot. It definitely is more enjoyable to drive from the drivers perspective.

But why, oh why, does the Ody have front leather heated seats, but the Pilot doesn't? I just don't get that. And conversely, why does the Pilot have a "Not an ashtray" convenient for loose change, but the Ody has cup holders? Who uses cups?

TNT...As a mother of 3, 7 and under, Im TOTALLY Feelin' you here.
The carseat-flip-the-seat-"climb in kids!"shuffle is NOT convenient. If you have to drive a van, just be proud that you've got the sweetest looking, and greatest one ever produced. I'm extemely happy with my Pilot, and will deal with the little nuisances, (but envious of your more convenient daily mommy errands). Who knows, maybe you'll be back in a 2006 Pilot :) ?
Congrats!

·
Registered
747 Posts
TNT said:

I saw your another thread about heated seat. :eek: I guess things don't always make sense. Maybe they will put the opinion in for next year's pilot if there is enough demand.

The not an ashtray is another thing I don't understand. I believe they put in an steel ashtray for another market, just not here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts