Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

As many of you recall, I was very active on here when I first got my Pilot, but, life has a way of changing things. The Pilot is a magnificent vehicle and I loved it with all my heart. She was babied from the instant I got her.

Then, my life situation changed. I've split up from my significant other making maintaining my Pilot, impossible.

So, yesterday, I drove to the same dealership I got my Pilot from and traded her in for the Element. I'll pick up the Element on Tuesday (they think) and give them my Pilot. I must admit, the salesguys couldn't have been nicer to me if they tried. I told them what happened and they put me in an Element - and were fair about it. If you're looking to buy a vehicle in Arizona - deal with these folks. They have some integrity. (email me if you want the name of the dealer and the salesguys)

Anyway, I wanted to apologize for my abrupt and constant silence and let you know why I am no longer part of "The Club" here. :(

The Pilot is a terrific vehicle; best I've ever owned. If you can afford it, its worth it. Well worth it.

Take care everyone. I hope I can fall in love with the Element. I have my doubts. How can you fall in love with another vehicle after the Pilot? (sigh) :confused:

Bye all,
CopperPoppy

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Best wishes copperpoppy. I sincerely hope the Element meets you needs and expectations. Be sure to give us a comparison after you've driven it a while.

I've enjoyed reading your posts since I joined.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. Everything happens for a reason, and for whatever reason, it's meant to be. Once a member, always a member. Please keep logging on and contributing.

Good luck with the Element. I'm sure it'll all work out.

rtrypilot

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
copperpoppy: Many sincere condolences on your breakup -- it must be very hard, indeed... :( Sorry to see you get rid of your Pilot, but I sure do hope you enjoy the Element, too!!!

I've enjoyed your PhotoShop chopping since my first day here at honda-pilot.org and you wil be dearly missed -- stop by and say "Hello" once in a while and let us know how the Element is doing!!! :4:

I wish you all the best...!!! :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
coppercopy:
My deepest sympathy.
Best of luck to you in your next endeavor. BTW I think the Element is a :cool: ride, I tried in vain to convince the Mrs to trade in the Civic for the Element.:)

·
Registered
804 Posts
CopperPoppy

I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup. It sounds like you're working your way through it okay. Best of wishes for the future.
Please check the boards every now and then and let us know how you're doing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kemosabe said:
copperpoppy: I've enjoyed your PhotoShop chopping since my first day here at honda-pilot.org and you wil be dearly missed --
(laughing) Now WHERE did you get that avatar?(G)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, yep, yep ... you guys are all so sweet! This is really a sad time for me.

Anyway, I hope Miss Ellie (I've already named her) will be alright. The salesguys were just super. I mean, top drawer. It was one thing for them to be nice to me when I had my checkbook out and when they knew I was on the Honda Pilot forum but, to be kind and considerate when it really did not benefit THEM at all is a truly amazing thing. These are salespeople, after all. Trying to get the most bucks for the bang.

Honda lovers - pay attention to Jeff and Steve at Tempe Honda. These guys are true gentlemen.

You see, they knew I wanted orange but, orange IS the color for an Element and, they managed to get one for me. I was in such a funk, I'd have taken black (I live in Arizona - black is not a good color down here). They were gentlemen.

BTW, I think I found a Honda Element forum. (sigh) Not sure I have the heart though, ya know it?

I'll pop in once in a while. Had a hard time facing up to all of this and didn't really want to say anything before. Ya know how it goes, right?

Later all,
CopperPoppy

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
copperpoppy
I am very sorry to hear about your recent events and I hope you realize you have a LOT of friends here that are really pulling for you and are hoping for the best.

"Bad things happen for good reasons" - believe me! I've been there.

Good luck with the Element and come back and "see us" anytime you want. You have a lot of friends here!!

:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
So sad FOR you, copperpoppy!
(to cheer you up a (very) little, I'll admit that I just typed copperpotty) :D
I hope you come back here and post a photo of your new girl, "Ellie"- This will be a new funky you! My prayers are with you, and hope you have a great time in your new Element!

·
Registered
307 Posts
you shall be dearly missed

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Best wishes to you! We enjoyed having you here to contribute and share. Let us know how the Element works out for ya, and PLEASE post some pics, too (I've only seen the outside, zooming past). I think it's a neat idea for a "car" and hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
best of luck with everything....hope thing will work out great...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Down Grade

It is hard to hear you down grade your vehicle. But, you shall be dearly missed greatly.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
copperpoppy, I am truly sorry to hear to hear about your situation. When I first joined this site, you were one of the members whose posts and replies I followed closely as they provided me with a wealth of information.

My brother-in-law bought an Element back in February and he loves it for its utilitarian benefits. You chose a fine vehicle. All the best to you and hope you'll still visit here, as you've shown us that you're a cool person no matter what vehicle you drive :29:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:( very sorry to hear that. I hope it is getting better.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
copperpoppy said:

BTW, I think I found a Honda Element forum. (sigh) Not sure I have the heart though, ya know it?

I'll pop in once in a while. Had a hard time facing up to all of this and didn't really want to say anything before. Ya know how it goes, right?

Later all,
CopperPoppy
CopperPoppy,
I hope you do "pop in" often (and soon) and keep us posted on how everything is coming together for you! I went looking this morning for an Element forum, but not sure which one you got signed up on. Let us know!

FWIW, I feel the Element a very good alternative to the Pilot and would put it right up there with the CR-V and maybe the Forester as a great choice if you didn't need quite the room or towing capacity of the Pilot.

:)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Copperpoppy, sadly for me, I joined this board just a bit late to enjoy the time you were really a fixture here.

Nonetheless, I feel badly that your leaving the ranks of Pilot owners was not by choice. But this sure doesn't mean that you can't pop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing!

To coin a phrase, Life Is Strange. As others here have said, a silver lining may very well emerge from the present cloud.... :)

In the meantime, I think you've got a real jaunty, useful vehicle that'll be fun to buzz around in. The Element projects a bit of a sassy attitude that I think is kind of uplifting, don't you?

Take care, Copperpoppy, and good luck. Remember, you've got friends here, so keep in touch! We want to see "Ellie"!!!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts