Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Pilot EXL with RES with 66K miles in a great condition. I just bought a new Accord last year and I love Apple Car Play and the Safety features that we miss on our 2015 Pilot but I love the size of the Pilot and the way it drives. My wife usually drive the Pilot but I drive the Pilot on road trips. Any advice will be appreciated. Any issues with the Infotainment system? I love my infotainment in the Accord with no issues after a year of owning it. Thank You.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
If Carplay is your biggest desire look at Navtool... if the safety features are that important go ahead and upgrade...

My wife and I have both driven some newer vehicles with the safety tools... we both like blind spot monitoring and rear cross path detection (we live on a court with lots of kids that don't get cars have trouble seeing them when they shoot out from behind a parked car)... otherwise we found all of them to be annoying and unnecessary... lane keeping is fundamental to driving, I don't need alerts or assistance with it (can't stand the systems that tug at the wheel)... it's hard to argue with emergency braking systems but they are often too sensitive, in the kind of traffic we have around here they are always going off unnecessarily when I am just trying to drive without getting cut off a million times every day... Can't stand auto wipers, they are never at the speed I would choose and it drives me crazy... thought I'd love auto high beam but the system gets confused with street lights and house lights and is constantly blinking when it doesn't need to... etc. etc.

Bottom line, I prefer to be an attentive driver in complete control of my vehicle rather than depend on computers and sensors to help me when I'm not paying attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts