Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a 2006 Pilot and I noticed this (photo attached) on the top... I asked and he said it was the radio antenna. If this looks familiar please let me know. I am paranoid and think it’s a tracking device lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
339 Posts
Hey guys I got a 2006 Pilot and I noticed this (photo attached) on the top... I asked and he said it was the radio antenna. If this looks familiar please let me know. I am paranoid and think it’s a tracking device lol.
Could be an XM radio antenna, or a remote start antenna.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
walk up to it ..it will say Sirius XM on the top .

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
They're on to you and you've been compromised. Time to exfiltrate while you still can. This is not a drill; this is Sirius.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
This sure looks like the old Sirius/XM antennas of that period.

Or it's the government spying on you by disguising it as a Sirius/XM antenna. They know that you are worth watching.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
You might as well take it off if you don't listen to Sirius XM. It looks pretty bad tbh.
If it's been on there for 15+ years the paint underneath will be extremely hazy and gross, only a heavy cutting compound will bring it back. It would drive me crazy, I just went through this on our '01 325Ci that had the old magnetic XM antenna.

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
813 Posts
If it's been on there for 15+ years the paint underneath will be extremely hazy and gross, only a heavy cutting compound will bring it back. It would drive me crazy, I just went through this on our '01 325Ci that had the old magnetic XM antenna.
But wouldn't you rather have an ugly spot or just go ahead and polish rather than having that thing sitting on the roof?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might as well take it off if you don't listen to Sirius XM. It looks pretty bad tbh.
Yeah if I remove it will it mess up the signal to the actual radio? Cause I don’t think I’ll be listening to xm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But wouldn't you rather have an ugly spot or just go ahead and polish rather than having that thing sitting on the roof?
I’m debating to remove it or not, I don’t listen to xm and it’s kinda bugging me. Do you recommend any products that would help if I do remove it?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I’m debating to remove it or not, I don’t listen to xm and it’s kinda bugging me. Do you recommend any products that would help if I do remove it?
You should probably take it to a detailer if you want to remove it if you don't have the tools needed for polishing. If you don't mind an ugly spot on your car, then there's probably no need to take it off. I will say tho that if you do remove it and polish it, the paint will look new compared to the older paint surrounding it since it was covered from the sun.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I have the tools and polishes to do it, not everyone does and that's not something hand polishing will do a great job removing. So for some the options are leave it as-is or remove it and pay to have a detailer fix the damage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would leave it on. After a while, you get used to the black helicopters following you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts