Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to reset the tpms I recently had new tires put on and it displays tpms on and off?

·
Registered
603 Posts
The most likely issue is that your sensors are failing. The TPMS system on these auto-learns. The light will not be on unless there is a problem with the system, or a low tire. If it comes on and off randomly, that is a dead giveaway your sensors are failing. They have a battery in them only designed to last 7-10 years. Our 2011 Pilot just had the first one fail a couple months ago.

Any tire shop can replace it for around $65. When you had the tires replaced would have been the right time to have this done.

I personally bought these for $27 each and had all 4 replaced when I bought new tires. They can scan each sensor and find out which one is not putting signal out. Or just be proactive and pay to have all 4 replaced. The hard part is finding a tire shop that is willing to install your supplied sensors. I saved $130 buying the Denso ones on RockAuto but since you have to pay to dismount the tire now, it might be less cost effective than letting the tire shop use their generic compatible sensors.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would get the sensors scanned to see if their signal is good. Perhaps it just needs some more miles before it locates the sensors. So long as the actual pressure is fine you can wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts