Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 05 pilot. In the winter I switched to tires without sensors. It showed a light then. This was expected. After a while it developed a parasitic drain problem. I tracked it down to the interior fuse block and computer module. Replaces the part with same. Used part. During the troubleshooting process I noticed that there was a code for all 4 tires both the sensor and receivers. After module replacement, the codes persisted. This lights turned off after replacing the module. Had a flat and tpms system didn't register. I'm a little lost as to what step to take next for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
That's getting a little deep, but hopefully, even though it for a 2006, this Pilot TPMS troubleshooting guide can help.

(Sorry about the quality, but I had to extract and optimize it so the file size would be small enough to be accepted by the forum's server.)

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hate the TPMS on my '05. I would lower my PSI to 15-20 when driving on the beach, and it still wouldn't alert me to a low tire. I would feel a difference in steering before the system would alert me.

So I had them remove all the sensors on my tires and ignore the TPMS light on my dash.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
127 Posts
My tires on mine are all proper inflation, but the light randomly comes on. I'm guessing one must have a dying battery or something and is tripping the light. I half thought about pulling the gauge cluster and removing the light for it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
If you don't care about TPMS yet the dash light annoys you, here's the classic DIY solution that's easier than yanking the gauge cluster and costs only pennies.

Now if I could only put electrical tape over that GIF's annoying little watermark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts