Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do they last? Mine is a Pilot 2005. I used to get a warning light but this has not been an issue since the dealer replaced all my tires before the summer. I had them check this and found out that my tires were 10 years old and this was causing leak (dry rot) that triggered the light. I know that they normally last between 5-10 years. Just want to know what our members here have experienced. Thanks.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,953 Posts
Going on 14.5 years with the original sensors on my wife’s 2005. I am truly surprised they have lasted this long.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Nissan Quest: 12 years
Honda Pilot: 12 years

When my Quest's got replaced, I forgot to ask the shop to return them and they dropped them into the dumpster. If I had them, I would have tried to melt the tamper-proof epoxy and replace the batteries. But alas, I have no idea if that is doable.

PS: I do not get it, why they even need batteries. A magnet in the wheel arch and a coil in the sensor would power them all right, like we charge smartphones. But no, impervious goods are a big no-no these days.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Two or three of mine have been replaced.
Exactly my experience as well, but at least once it was because a tire change mechanic damaged it with the machine. ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine just died at 14 years. I am not going to fix them because I just put new tires on the car and don't want to pay to have them taken off and put back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts