Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have 2017 Pilot Touring:

I tried to search for this topic before, but i didn't find specific information for the 3rd generation

1- Is the sensor bound to wheel location? , for example, if I exchange the front wheel with the rear wheel and i didn't do any re-programming, in this case if pressure is low in the front, it will be shown on the display as the rear?

2- I am planning to have new set of winter tires from Costco with TPMS (They sell TPMS or I can buy the TPMS from Honda and they say they program it)
The question is. do OEM ones need programming?
If they program the set on the winter Wheel, then in next April I want to put the old summer wheels (do it myself), do I need to re-program the old sensors again?

BR
Omar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note that I bought a set of RIM (not from Honda) after market RIM ..but the size should fits

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same question. I want to have a separate summer and winter tire set and not have to have the tpms reprogrammed each time. I cannot find clear information on this. Do the sensors have to be OEM for this to work?
Specifically 2016 Touring (Canadian Model)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only time you need to know which wheel’s tpms is which is when you’re trying to diagnose which one is failing/battery is dying.

I just had to repair two TPMS sensors today and had to hunt to solve a DRC being sent by “sensor #3”. It was where I presumed it to be but it was only diagnosable with the Honda scan tool as I monitored which one was being inflated and deflated differently actively.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts