Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here, I've adjusted the tire pressure up and down from the vehicle specs to the tire specs but the TPMS light just won't turn off. Do I have to take it to the dealer for them to reset it or should it go off by itself? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,402 Posts
Not sure what you mean by tire specs. The max pressure you see on the tirewall?

Anytime the pressure gets within a few percentage points of Honda's spec as printed in the owners manual and on stickers on the car TPMS sould go out almost immediately upon start up.

What are the tire pressures and have you crossed checked with second guage?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've inflated it to 32psi which is Honda's spec, and i've inflated it to 44psi which is on the sidewall. Non of which have turned the TPMS light off. I have not tried a secondary tire gauge, I will try that today. Thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Jewelz said:
Need some help here, I've adjusted the tire pressure up and down from the vehicle specs to the tire specs but the TPMS light just won't turn off. Do I have to take it to the dealer for them to reset it or should it go off by itself? Thanks in advance.
Which TPMS light - the one that says TPMS or the one that looks like a cross-section of a tire with "!" in it? The light that says TPMS means that the TPMS system is malfunctioning in some way and needs service. The other light says that a tire is not inflated properly, and there should be a light showing which tire it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the light that says "TPMS". Dang... would this be covered under the Powertrain Warrenty? Cause my bumper-to-bumper ran out already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To add to that, would it harm if i just pulled the fuse to the TPMS, I don't really need to have the tire pressures monitored...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Jewelz said:
Its the light that says "TPMS". Dang... would this be covered under the Powertrain Warrenty? Cause my bumper-to-bumper ran out already.
I have no idea. If your warranty ran out recently, you might get the dealer to cover it as a good-will gesture.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can try that.

But in regards to my other post, do you think it would be okay to just pull the fuse out so I don't have that light on my dash or will that still show up? Thanks for all y'alls help on this. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pulling the fuse doesn't turn-off the TPMS light, it actually turns-on to tell you that there is an error with the system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pulling the fuse doesn't turn-off the TPMS light, it actually turns-on to tell you that there is an error with the system.
how do you shut it off? i mean, to figure out which sensor is bad (if thats the problem) you would have to remove all 4 tires. will this fail a nys inspection, if that yellow TPMS light is lit up on the dash??

·
Registered
352 Posts
To add to that, would it harm if i just pulled the fuse to the TPMS ? , I don't really need to have the tire pressures monitored...
....do you think it would be okay to just pull the fuse out so I don't have that light on my dash or will that still show up?
how do you shut it off? i mean, to figure out which sensor is bad (if thats the problem) you would have to remove all 4 tires. will this fail a nys inspection, if that yellow TPMS light is lit up on the dash??
Those que?tions were never answered... so...
( searched)

*necropost ? I think not

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
But if you want to try it, it's the no. 10, 7.5 A, TPMS fuse in the secondary under hood fuse box, and the manual seems to indicate that fuse is just for TPMS.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Relevant

1 - 14 of 14 Posts