Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone familiar with this product? Any feedback?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
If you're in North Carolina, maybe, but if you're in the True North strong and fr...ozen, stick with an authentic dedicated set of winter tires when the season comes.

-Just my my 2 loonies. (That's "my 2 cents" after the exchange rate, fees and taxes.) :)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was saddled with a brand new set of those tires when I bough the CRV for my son. The car had a 90% good set of them, but the dealer for whatever reason decided to replace them with brand new. It was too late to protest as they only told me when handing me the key.

So the first impression is that they are on the noisier side. They came 3psi over-inflated and I am keeping them that way for now.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Think of it as an all-season tire whose tread pattern and compound is skewed closer to that of a winter tire, while still having acceptable performance and treadwear when used year-round. It's a good compromise if you live where it snows but the roads don't remain snow covered throughout most of the winter season and/or you don't have to drive in really bad conditions, If so, you can then get by without the extra expense and the need to changeover twice a year required from a dedicated set of winter tires.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer did a piss poor job at balancing, even though they are one of the few shops in the area with Roadforce.
I took it to a shop I know does a good job balancing and they removed 1/2oz from 3x wheels and added 1oz to one.
Now the car is at least bearable on the HW, but still has some vibrations at HW speed which I'll deal with later. At least they balanced well.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
The dealer did a piss poor job at balancing, even though they are one of the few shops in the area with Roadforce.
I took it to a shop I know does a good job balancing and they removed 1/2oz from 3x wheels and added 1oz to one.
Now the car is at least bearable on the HW, but still has some vibrations at HW speed which I'll deal with later. At least they balanced well.
What values of roadforce was measured for each of the tires?

Having the Roadforce balance machine and knowing how to use it properly are two separate things.

The Toyo tires should have come marked with a red or yellow dot on the sidewall.
Aligning that dot with the position of the valve stem should help achieve the best balance and minimize added weights.

The Roadforce balancer will also indicate the optimum position of the tire on the wheel for best balance, but many shops won't expend the time or effort to reposition the tire on the wheel, if needed.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not get any of that information, as like I said, they slapped on new tires in the last moment before delivery. I did not see any yellow dots either, but maybe I did not look that carefully. I'll look again.

The other shop used the on-car machine and the result is pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts