Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for passenger / side mirrors when towing a camper that is 96" wide?

Do they make any clamp on mirrors to give you the visibility? How about hitching a remote camera on the back of the camper and tying it to the pilots?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,266 Posts

The bigger question is what does the trailer weigh fully loaded, how many passengers will be in the vehicle and do you have a transmission cooler?

From the 2012 Pilot User Manual.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The bigger question is what does the trailer weigh fully loaded, how many passengers will be in the vehicle and do you have a transmission cooler?

View attachment 135982 View attachment 135983

Thank you. Yes did all of the pre-checks. We can tow 4500lbs as its 4WD. Trailer will weigh about 3500 lbs full of fresh water. Just 2 of us in the Pilot. It already has a transmission cooler, Its a standard equip item on the Touring model. Just rying to prepare for the 1st journey with the extended mirrors.

Thank you for this!

Andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations for passenger / side mirrors when towing a camper that is 96" wide?

Do they make any clamp on mirrors to give you the visibility? How about hitching a remote camera on the back of the camper and tying it to the pilots?

Thanks!

Hi there I got this type a few years ago and they seem to work ok. Not a huge lot of options. I do have to keep an eye on them as they can slip over time. Esp up here with snow and heavy ice. But so far the rubber straps have held up well. And once tightened are too much of a pain to get off to get stolen. The clips that slide in between the car tilting mirror and the car mirror structure are a but tricky. Esp since I made the mistake of putting one of those stick-on small dome mirror things on the car mirror. I’d put them on the added-on mirror next time so they don’t limit placement if the clips. (And will once the second of my domed ones fall off.) The only issue I have is backing up. They can be effected by the auto-tilting car mirror depending on spot the clips are placed. I did find they vibrated quite a bit at first until the rubber straps stretched a but and I was able to ratchet them on tighter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We bought the strap on mirrors at walmart and they did ok. After a few years i am replacing them because the rubber has weakened and is breaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.... It has the larger towing capacity - 4500 lbs. Also comes standard with a transmission cooler.

Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts