Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Pilot EX. I'm thinking about installing the complete towing package (Honda parts)myself, as I can get the hitch, transmission and PS coolers for under $500. (The dealers I've talked to want well over $1,100 installed). I can handle the installation but I'm concerned about the impact to my warranty.
Any clarification of a non-dealer installation of Honda towing parts on the vehicle warranty?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Viking said:
I have a 2003 Pilot EX. I'm thinking about installing the complete towing package (Honda parts)myself, as I can get the hitch, transmission and PS coolers for under $500. (The dealers I've talked to want well over $1,100 installed). I can handle the installation but I'm concerned about the impact to my warranty.
Any clarification of a non-dealer installation of Honda towing parts on the vehicle warranty?
You will not affect the vehicles warranty (unless you do something wrong).

The parts are covered under a 12 month parts warranty, but labor to replace is not included.

The job is not hard for anyone who has done any automotive work.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go for it. Use the information on this site for lots of good advice on getting the front bumper off, etc. It's spread among several threads but the search function will find the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just starting on the same project today, by myself. I haven't work on a car in over 10 years.

Anyways, everything is going pretty smoothly. I did manage to break one of the oval holes while removing the bumper. I think this is a crap shoot the way it is design.

I'm currently on my last leg, installing the ATF Cooler. However, I noticed that hose clamps are vastly different than anything I've seen (no screws to tighten/loosen). I've ask around and nobody else knows how to work them. The only thing I can think of is just to use a pair of pliars.

Anybody done the ATF Cooler kit and can shed some light?

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts