Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our white EX-L RES last Thursday and had 600 miles on it by Sunday night. We had the towing package installed on Monday so we could tow a boat to the beach this weekend. Being anal, I crawled under the car and looked around. Usually I just gawk and realize I have no clue if it was done right, but this time I find that all four bolts on the center support have been put in by hand and not tightened at all! I tightened them, but two of the bolts had no washers on them. Tomorrow we go in and fuss. I guess that's what happens when you make them settle for $1000 for the installed package rather than the $1500 they want.

Actually, we are happy with the dealer and the salesperson. The car is terrific. I'm happy I found the loose bolts before we hooked up the boat.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Even $1000 is too much. What's included? They should have done everything right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timchen said:
Even $1000 is too much. What's included? They should have done everything right.
Yes, it is. Another dealership was willing to take <$700. Now if they just had the car to sell me... Included is the towbar, receiver, wiring, transmission cooler, and power steering cooler. It doesn't matter what the price is, it should be installed correctly. I figure ANY problem I can find should never slip by a mechanic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts