Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing DYI maintenance before the maintenance minder starts complaining and then resetting. Since it's been just simple stuff so far, I haven't thought much of the service schedule, but now that I'm nearing 30k miles, there are some more major service items around the corner. In addition I have done some towing recently, which presumably makes early maintenance more important (rational). Unfortunately, I'm worried I pushed it a bit too hard over some hills the other day, as there was a bit of a burnt smell for a few minutes, so I figured I would go ahead and replace the ATF fluid.

I realized since I'm resetting the MM early, I'm probably not going to see the "codes", so I will stop resetting MM early so at least I'm not late for anything... And keep track of the actual service history separately. Any chance I've already missed anything at 28k miles?

Also, what would you say is estimated service intervals for the following items (for normal conditions):
  • ATF and transfer case fluid (every 30k?)
  • Rear diff fluid (every 30k?)
  • Brake fluid (every 45k?)
  • Timing belt (every 60k?)
  • Spark plugs (every 80k?)
  • Coolant (every 100k?)
Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
If you check the manual Honda includes severe use service recommendations for their vehicles. Read the maintenance minder section including all the little sub notes.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
Timing belt 60K?

I thought it was like 105K?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,587 Posts
  • ATF and transfer case fluid (every 30k?) - Typically it's 60k, but if it's the 6 speed It may be better to do every 30k
  • Rear diff fluid (every 30k?)- I think this is correct
  • Brake fluid (every 45k?)- Most people say this should be done every 3-4 years?
  • Timing belt (every 60k?)- Every 105k miles
  • Spark plugs (every 80k?)- Don't check them until 105k. replace if needed. They should last way longer than 80k.
  • Coolant (every 100k?)- Replace coolant when you do the timing belt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent, sorry for the late reply and thanks for all the input, all. While the maintenance minder descriptions don't contain mileage details, the footnotes do indeed contain some interesting additions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts