Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Towing about 3,300 pounds; cruise control or not?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rocky 
#1 ·
We have a 2017 EX-L with about 44K miles with a Honda tow package with trans cooler. We're towing a Flagstaff E-Pro 15TB and I estimate the weight to be about 3,300 pounds. My question is whether or not to use cruise control. We will be traveling from PA to Oregon and California and back. That's a long way to drive using my foot and leg (have you ever driven across Nebraska? You start in the morning and by nightfall, you're still in Nebraska!

I still have 11 months left on my HondaCare warranty, so I have not disabled the VCM just in case (I know all the arguments).

What are your thoughts, especially for those who have done something like this?

#4 ·
We have a 2017 EX-L with about 44K miles with a Honda tow package with trans cooler. We're towing a Flagstaff E-Pro 15TB and I estimate the weight to be about 3,300 pounds. My question is whether or not to use cruise control.
We will be traveling from PA to Oregon and California and back. That's a long way to drive using my foot and leg (have you ever driven across Nebraska?
Especially when you're not supposed to exceed 55 mph.

#6 ·
Or if it has to down shift a lot just leave it in a lower gear. I'd run cruise the whole time and not think twice. I've done this towing 2000+ lbs with my Lexus IS300 which in the US wasn't designed to tow <anything>. 236k miles still going strong....

#7 ·
You start in the morning and by nightfall, you're still in Nebraska!
Uh, Sorry, that saying is about Texas.

Goes something like this:

The sun has rose, the sun has set, and we ain't out of Texas Yet!

I'm a Texan, now living in WI.

#8 ·
Lol... I’ll be doing my run to SC tomorrow. Dawn will arrive right around 200 Miles into the trip somewhere in NJ on the GSP/I80/I287 and sunset by between Max Meadows VA and Statesville NC.
wave of you see me in wife’s Volvo...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.