Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Tow Package Kit, sold together or separate?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  PLT383 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I feel like I've seen this in a thread before, but when trying to search, the search keeps timing out, so I can't find anything.

I want to put the tow package on my wife's 2017 Touring, but I can't remember if Honda sells it all as a kit, or in separate pieces. I plan to do the tranny cooler with it as well. Do they sell the hitch with a wiring harness, and does it affect the rear bumper at all, like needing a different lower valance? Been a couple years since I've researched this. Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
This the thread you're looking for?

#7 ·
This the thread you're looking for?

That's a good thread, thanks!!! As I understand the 9 speed cooler install is slightly different, but I've done enough tranny coolers, radiators and condensers, I'm sure I can figure out the difference.

#4 ·
Yes, they are all sold separate. Do yourself a HUGE favor when installing the hitch. Spray Fluid Film on the bolts prior to installing them. Spray Fluid film on the Inside and Outside of the hitch. The will make it almost impossible for the hitch to rust. While you have the spare tire removed and prior to installing the hitch spray any metal under the car with fluid film! And before installing the bolts get a wire brush and get out any crap from the threads. The last thing you want to do is to cross thread a trailer hitch bolt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.