Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow owners - very nice and informative site!

I wanted to get clarification on the actualy tow capacity of the Pilot. From all the searches i did on this site as well as the internet, i came to the conclusion on two different requirements for towing:

1) Up to ~1500lbs is the stock tow capacity of the Pilot, unequipped with the tow package

2) Above ~1500lbs necessitates the tow package and its tranmission / p.s. cooler

Is the above statement true? I'm asking because i will be towing 2 motorcycles and a trailer, weighing in total around 1200-1300 lbs. This is very infrequent towing also (maybe once a month at most), and would like to save some $$$ (economy is still bad :( Any assistance into this is appreciated.

TIA,

Shaun

·
Registered
145 Posts
My recollection is that Honda recommends against <b>all</b> towing unless you have the towing package. We opted for the package even though we only wanted to use it for a hitch mounted bike carrier. Although it did cost some extra $$, it looks great and, I think, is a good investment in the long run. Just my $.02 worth.

--Bret

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
ST, I guess you don't yet own a Pilot, don't have an owner's manual, and you're trying to decide whether to get the towing package. Scanned images of the owner's manual are provided here (courtesy of hondapilot.org members kemosabe and bkwon; at least until they get sued for copyright infringement): :eek:

http://www.geocities.com/ba_kwon/pilotmanual/

Towing is covered under Driving on pages 247 thru 258 .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts