Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
srlnclt your right $189 might seem a bit pricy but they do custom make the mirror complete with proper wiring harness to fit the vehicle your driving. They also give an option of regular or a blue tint mirror which helps more cutting down on glare. All that is replaced is the mirror itself with a bright LED signal mirror. They seem to provide all clear instructions needed. I actually prefer this type of turn signal in lieu of the plastic expose one like Touring and other vehicles have. As you well know side mirrors a subject to rock and other possible debris impacts. I've seen some of these side turn signal mirrors with plastic lens broken. I plan to purchase for my black EX-L pilot a set of those Muth LED turn signal mirrors with the blue tint which I think will go great with my black pilot. I will certainly post pics and comments once I have them installed.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think I’m gonna get the outside turn signals and use separate wire and connect them and try to run by the factory wire
Let us know how it goes! I'd love to do this on my wife's Pilot but she doesn't care about it and it's a lot of extra work to get the wiring for the turn signal done.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I kinda had this project on backburner for my 2013 'EX. There are some inexpensive mirrors on ebay that appear to fit 2009-15 models and are heated/powered/have turn signals.

But I would need to paint those to match. I suck at painting, so I suspect I will probably just ruin those.

The wires feeding the mirror signals are the same as those feeding turn indicators on the instrument panel:
MICU (under dash fuse box) connector M is a 10-pin connector on the back side of the box, top row center., pins 1(blue) for left and 2 (pink) for right.
Although, it might be easier to tap into those not at the MICU, but at the gauges module. On the 32P gauge module connector, these are pins 9 (pink, right) and 10(blue,left). You will need to route these wires inside the dash, to their respective doors, through rubber channels into doors, and along the harnesses going to the mirrors.

On the mirror connectors, pin 12 is the wire coming from MICU. The bad news is that on an EX, your car-side connector will most likely lack pin 12 contact in general. If you got any crimp terminals lying around, you might try and find one that kinda-sorta fits.

Pin 13 is ground and can be just spliced to wire from pin 2(heater ground). In Touring, these pins go to the same ground points. (G401 and G404) This can be easily done on the mirror side, so lack of pin 13 on vehicle side connector should not be a problem.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts