Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will put this bluntly---------DON'T USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to save some time today and went into one with my 3 week old pilot and the sprayer arm came around the front right bumper and scratched it . The guages are not real deep but the car wash guy was nice and said he will have his insurance agent call me.

I have a question for all the knowledge base out there, if I can get them to replace the whole bumper cover and repaint it should I go that route, or just let the body shop sand and repaint my original cover. I already got the estimates one was about $400 and the other was around $700. Kinda makes me sick, since I have not even waxed it yet. I am not sure I will be able to get them to go the replacement route but wanted your opinions. My sales person at the dealer said to bring it by and their touch up guy may be able to do some good???
Thanks,
Bob :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
:mad: Sorry to hear your story. In the southeast we are on water restrictions and cannot hand wash. The car wash places are our only choices. At least I go to one that has washed my Explorer in the past. No problems with to washes I will heed your warning.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sandman... That is so sickening. I'm so sorry for you.
What car wash did you go through? Was it a gas station type, Mobil, etc. or just a car wash?
Hope you have a happy ending to this without much hassle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re: type of car wash

It was just a regular car wash, it did not start after several minutes so I inched forwaard thinking I was not in far enough, but I guess I was ok and when.................you know the rest.
Does anyone think I should push for a total new bumper cover???

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Man, Sorry To Hear About Your Mishap.

I use one of those touchless/brushless car washes all the time and I've never had a problem with it before. I've even washed my brother-in-law's Lexus LX470 yeah, that big one and never had any problems at all with it either.

Was this your first time you ever used this car wash or had you used it before? I'm rather worried now, just in case these things go nuts once in a while.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went searching for one of these car washes in particular because in the Northeast it is almost impossible to hand wash in the winter. I finally found one and plan on using it this winter. BTW, I think you should ask for a full bumper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sandman

Let me know which one you used. My wife is notorious for using those types of car washes. She used one today over on Covert and things went ok, but I still would like to know the location of the one that damaged your vehicle so she can avoid it just in case.

Bill

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: Car wash damage

Bill,
It was the Univeristy Wash near Pizza Hut West. (sorry of any unintended adverstising) However, there is good news to end this story.
I found out about a detail man from my salesman at the dealer. He was not there that day but he said I could stop by his house to let him look at my damage. It was not as bad as I first thought, just upset on getting my first scratches:mad:
He said he could fix them right then and there. I figured why not. He got out the buffier and stuff and in 15 minutes the bumper looked brand new again.:2: :2: :2: :2:
He said he worked for many of the dealers in the area and fixed things like scratches and dings from shipments and mishaps at unloading etc. Here is the neat part=====he said I will charge the same as I so for any others----only $40. Remember from the earliler post that the body shops wanted $400+. I will keep his name in my files for future reference.
Regards to all,
Bob:cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That's GREAT news, Sandman! :29:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts