Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently got into a car accident making a right by the light a truck hit me in the driver side. The driver side doors are very damaged along with a corner piece near the trunk? Waiting on insurance for estimate. Does it look totaled to anybody?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It looks like a sizable repair. Hope all occupants are fine. If the drive train are affected, then it maybe totaled. This is all depending on the insurance company, and the cost of the repair. If the pay out minus the wreck (sold as is) is less than the repair then insurance company will definitely total it, otherwise it will repair. I believe that's how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is still driving perfectly fine nothing of the train drive was affected nor the alignment. I kinda don’t wan it to be totaled because I am almost done paying it in full

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The gentleman reflected taking the 3rd picture looks none too happy.

Is that the insurance's claims adjuster? What did he say about it?

Looks pretty substantial, but not categorically totaled. There may be some room for negotiation if he wants it totaled but you don't. It's worth a conversation, at least.

Most important thing is no one was injured, we hope.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Doubt it'd be totaled. On two separate occasions my '07 CRV was hit and damage was similar to your's. Both times the other party's insurance paid to have the whole left side replaced / repaired.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wife was t-boned in a 2010 Pilot when it had 25K miles on it with similar damage. Total cost to fix was $18K. Drove the car for another 25k miles and traded it in for a pretty penny.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
I'm glad to see you are okay. I'm sure it won't be totaled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts