Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some1 help me out on the torque specs of the inner tie rod and outer tie rods on a 2004 Honda pilot Ex..been looking around the net and can't find them馃....I was planning on replacing front inner and outer in front this weekend...I really need them specs. Thanx in advance

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Lots of lovely torque specs included in the attached documents, usually near the end of the file.

Attachments

Registered
Is it in here? This is from the 2006 service manual but I'm guessing it's the same torque specs.

Attachments

Registered
My pleasure, neighbor. Glad you found it. :)

Registered
I just did inner and out tie rods last weekend. Didn鈥檛 have this tech bulletin and went off of the old fashion method of put back on what you took off....and I never saw any 鈥淩ubber Stops鈥 when I took off the inner tie rods....no idea they were even there. I also didn鈥檛 stake or bend back the Lock washer due to absolutely no way to get a hammer in there to do the job.
Issue or no issue?

jon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@Smitty1283 Well I took them them off with this snazzy tool which I ordered from eBay...it's was $20 and we'll worth it..that adapter took off the inner tie rods with ease...no trouble...I recall seeing them plastic round washer types behind the inner tie rod as u take them off..I left them thier and re used them...as far as the metal pin that I've seen people talk about..I did not see that and also I did my inner tie rods on my 2007 Honda Civic ex with the same results...it was easy due to that adapter that I purchased...put that sucker on my 1/2 breaker bar,torched the inner tie rod like for 3mines and bam!! All done screws the new one in and torque it with my torque ratchet ..it was cake brother馃榿馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone trying to repair thier inner tied rods...I suggest in buying this adapter tool! Man is it money...no fuss and takes them inner tie rods with ease I'd assume it work for any car besides Honda's...ive seen other ones over $100 and rental tool kits...man all u need is this sucker right here...馃槑馃憤馃徏..I actually heard about this product from a YouTuber and decided to buy it and haven't regretted this purchase

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.