Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove home my new NHB EX last night. Love it.

Almost bought the family an '04 Sienna instead and I'm so glad I didn't. Just didn't feel right paying $30K for a minivan. Safe, yes. Dependable, yes. Cool, no.

Pilot scrunched on the test drive. I printed out some threads from here and the service manager committed to helping me deal w/ it. He did something that made it go away for now and said to stop back if it started again and he'd have some tape ready.

I can deal with bandaids for the scrunch (and other minor annoyances) to drive this sweet ride.

Thanks to all who post as I found this site invaluable when researching. The people at the dealer were impressed when I showed them honda-pilot.org and I think they'll be visiting often.

brain

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
krambrain said:

Almost bought the family an '04 Sienna instead and I'm so glad I didn't. Just didn't feel right paying $30K for a minivan. Safe, yes. Dependable, yes. Cool, no.

Pilot scrunched on the test drive. I printed out some threads from here and the service manager committed to helping me deal w/ it. He did something that made it go away for now and said to stop back if it started again and he'd have some tape ready.

I can deal with bandaids for the scrunch (and other minor annoyances) to drive this sweet ride.

Thanks to all who post as I found this site invaluable when researching. The people at the dealer were impressed when I showed them honda-pilot.org and I think they'll be visiting often.

brain
Congrats and welcome aboard!!!:7:

I wonder how many dealers DO visit this site?!?! :8:

I also wonder how many we scare away!?
:30:

·
Registered
747 Posts
my co-worker who bought MDX wanted a Sienna, too. Dealer told him if he is not willing to pay mark-up then the waiting was like 3 monthes so he gave up, that was a month ago. Wonder what kinda story they are telling today.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
krambrain said:

brain
You lived up to your user name in deciding to go with the PILOT!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
congrats...cool...:2: :5: :7:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timchen said:
my co-worker who bought MDX wanted a Sienna, too. Dealer told him if he is not willing to pay mark-up then the waiting was like 3 monthes so he gave up, that was a month ago. Wonder what kinda story they are telling today.
Same story today. Sienna is backlogged so far they wouldn't haggle or commit to any kind of date, especially because I wanted AWD. I was pretty much stuck in limbo wondering what to "order" and trying to figure out what a pain that would be when I noticed the local dealer had a new Pilot sitting on the lot just waiting for me!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Took the plunge!

kemosabe said:

One that I knew of: thecrowe

Again, one that I know of: thecrowe
You read my mind PERFECTLY!!!!

(evil minds think alike) :22:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts