Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to do some offroading on the way back from the Doctor's convention in Vegas.

http://homepage.mac.com/wildpanda86/PhotoAlbum29.html

there is also links to pics of my other ride.

The Pilot really seems pretty capable offroad. But i was really cautious with the thin passenger car tires because there was alot of jagged rocks. But the VTM-4 lock worked pretty nicely when i was paving my own trail to turn around. (notice the pic when only 2 tires have traction) I was also cautious of the low ground clearance and the lack of skid plates which prevented me from going through trails with deep ruts. But the approach and departure angles where pretty nice.

it would be much better with more ground clearance, more aggressive tires, and skid plates.

·
Registered
389 Posts
wildpanda86 said:
Decided to do some offroading on the way back from the Doctor's convention in Vegas.

http://homepage.mac.com/wildpanda86/PhotoAlbum29.html

there is also links to pics of my other ride.

The Pilot really seems pretty capable offroad. But i was really cautious with the thin passenger car tires because there was alot of jagged rocks. But the VTM-4 lock worked pretty nicely when i was paving my own trail to turn around. (notice the pic when only 2 tires have traction) I was also cautious of the low ground clearance and the lack of skid plates which prevented me from going through trails with deep ruts. But the approach and departure angles where pretty nice.

it would be much better with more ground clearance, more aggressive tires, and skid plates.
Nice pictures! Did you take some pictures when you were going through the jagged edge rocks?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice pictures wildpanda. The Pilot looks surprisingly clean and shiny even after the 'light' offroading.

·
Registered
240 Posts
03pilot said:
Nice pictures wildpanda. The Pilot looks surprisingly clean and shiny even after the 'light' offroading.
I was thinking the same thing!:D Very, very nice.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts