Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of 2004 Pilot Black with Saddle Interior today.
Ordered it on Friday and picked it up today. Overall it has been a wonderful experience. It feels great to own a Pilot. Drove about 100 miles the same day. Like it a lot. Now it is time to add accessories one by one... Just wish it has an Armrest.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
pilot007 said:
Now it is time to add accessories one by one...
CONGRATULATIONS!

Accessorize away ...

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
pilot007 said:
Ordered it on Friday and picked it up today. Overall it has been a wonderful experience. It feels great to own a Pilot. Drove about 100 miles the same day. Like it a lot. Now it is time to add accessories one by one... Just wish it has an Armrest.
You do know that you're required by law to get chrome bumper trim when you buy a black car, right?

Two fog lights are a moral necessity, too. The rest is up to you, of course, but these two "accessories," if you can call them that, are strictly required by moral imperative. As a new black Pilot owner, you have the obligation, and privilege too I might add, to teach the world about style and classic taste. The world must not be allowed to continue to fall into a never ending spiral of monochromatic bumper despair and hopelessness. Chrome and fog light must shine forth from the primeval darkness to show the world that we shall not be permanently enveloped by the misty chaos of bland degradation. Style must prevail in the end. Chrome and fog lights must prevail.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
pilot007 said:
Congrats!!!!!!

:needpics:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
pilot007 said:
Congrats! I always thought black with saddle interior was a sharp-looking color combo.

Will you be going the "chrome route," as suggested by robrecht?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Took Delivery of 2004 Pilot today

Ziploc said:
Congrats! I always thought black with saddle interior was a sharp-looking color combo.

Will you be going the "chrome route," as suggested by robrecht?
Oh Yeah. Absolutely. I am gonna start adding accessories one by one. But not all at the same time. Anyways, I did not know that chrome bumper trim is required by law for a black car !!!.
Is this true? Really?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yup!

I agree...

Black with the chrome trim is a nine on the cool scale...

Have fun!

Don:roadtrip:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats!!!!! pilot007.

I cant wait to get my EXL Sandstone metallic. 30 more days till delivery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of a black Pilot with the aforemention accessories (fog-lights, chrome).

I too have a black 2003 Pilot. Working on installing Tow Kit right now. Should have it completed shortly. I really want to replace the horns.

I knew I should have ordered the fog kit too since I was already taking off the front peices. I read somewhere fog lights don't do much good unless you have the headlights off. However, by law, the headlights must be on. Opinions?

Doug

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Took Delivery of 2004 Pilot today

pilot007 said:
Anyways, I did not know that chrome bumper trim is required by law for a black car !!!.
Is this true? Really?
Well, it is really true in my mind anyway, which is a sort of alternative universe at times. It may not actually be true in all of the other alternative universes, and probably not true in Michigan, but you never know for sure, legislation might be pending in the Michigan state legislature.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
The Inner Life of a Honda Pilot

dougtran said:
Does anybody have a picture of a black Pilot with the aforemention accessories (fog-lights, chrome).

... I knew I should have ordered the fog kit too since I was already taking off the front peices. I read somewhere fog lights don't do much good unless you have the headlights off. However, by law, the headlights must be on. Opinions?

Doug
For some reason, we get a LOT of fog around the farms where we live in the foothills of the Sourland 'Mountains.' Hope the fog lights help, but even if they don't, I hate looking at unfilled holes and slots on cars where options were supposed to go.

The car speaks to me, privately, with unsatisfied yearning and disappointment, mournfully crying out, "My designer, who knew me before I was assembled, wanted me to have fog lights and chrome bumper trim here and here, but my owner, well he's a good owner and I love the family, but they just don't quite understand me, my personality, and my deeper purpose in the Universe. That's OK, we really can't expect all people to understand the inner life of cars, but I'm glad I can share this with you."

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
mrvincent said:
Pilot, is the second row seat adjustable?

Anyone else know for sure the differences between 2003 and 2004?
Yes, 100 mm. Here's the thread that probably has the most complete discussion of the '04 differences. Those were heady times here at pilot.org. We awaited with tense apprehension and at times bitter disappointment the fulfillment of our deepest hopes. In the end, it was all worth it, and we even got pictures here. The 2nd row is now adjustable. The Pilot will live another year as the best family SUV crossover. Next year maybe they'll add the side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We just got our 2004 Pilot EX-L w/ RES and the second row does adjust. It makes a "major" difference b/c in the 2003 model when they didn't have it.... I wasn't even able to sit in the 3rd row at all. I'm 6 feet "2" inches and now with the adjustable 2nd row... I'm able to fit in that 3rd row w/o a problem. Great addition to the 2004 model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It looks like the second row adjust is the major diff. The heated seats etc are only on the L. Its almost been a year, and we have needed the third row maybe twice. Getting in is tough, but once im in its not that bad. Im 6'!

I guess someone will come up with a retrofit if there is enough demand. Maybe Honda will be nice and figure it out and have the dealer offer the retrofit at a low price. Talk about good PR for Honda. They should look into it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm waiting for my 2004 SS EX-L to come in as well and I know the anticipation is really high especially reading about all these new Pilots! Yeaahhh!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
adjusting 2nd row seats

:2:
I just took delivery on my 2004 EXL Silver Pilot on Tuesday. On Friday, 3 days later, my daughter got married, so we did lots of shifting of the 2nd row seats. Once slide far back so a bride and a maid of honor could fit in the car, and then several hours later, slid way up so lots of presents could fit in the back :p Then of course, the day before, we did have 7 people in the Pilot to head out for the Rehearsal Dinner. The seats did lots of sliding to get everyone comfortable. So in my 4 days of ownership, it is extremely versatile and has come in quite handy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts