Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago today, which I believe was the official release date for the Pilot in North America, I signed the papers and bought the first ever Pilot sold in Manassas, Virginia. I had to wait overnight to actually take delivery, which I did at noon June 4, 2002.

The Pilot is the first vehicle I've actually kept a full year since my last Honda. I fell off the wagon for a while and drove a RAV4 for 8 months and a Highlander for 11 months.

While I'd been following the development of the Pilot for a while, it was somewhat of an impulse purchase, for which I have no regrets. If it weren't supposed to rain here again today (ugh) I'd be giving my Pilot a good detailing to celebrate the one year anniversary.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
well congratulations.....

·
Registered
483 Posts
What a brave soul! Congrats

·
Registered
747 Posts
jay said:

The Pilot is the first vehicle I've actually kept a full year since my last Honda. I fell off the wagon for a while and drove a RAV4 for 8 months and a Highlander for 11 months.

You must be one of lucky few. At this rate, you must own 10 vehicles while there is just one for me.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
jay said:
One year ago today, which I believe was the official release date for the Pilot in North America, I signed the papers and bought the first ever Pilot sold in Manassas, Virginia. I had to wait overnight to actually take delivery, which I did at noon June 4, 2002.

While I'd been following the development of the Pilot for a while, it was somewhat of an impulse purchase, for which I have no regrets. If it weren't supposed to rain here again today (ugh) I'd be giving my Pilot a good detailing to celebrate the one year anniversary.
How many miles have you racked up on her?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Today in History

74PILOTMOM said:

How many miles have you racked up on her?
15,100 miles in exactly one year. I have the 15,000 mile service scheduled for Tuesday, June 10, and it would have been almost 15,000 exactly then but for an unscheduled jaunt Memorial weekend.

And while in the past I've owned multiple vehicles at the same time, this is currently my only vehicle. And luckily, she's garaged most of the time; a multi-level parking garage that provides some protection from the elements at work, and an enclosed garage at home.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
So, you actually DRIVE her then! :4: Tells us through your experiences here how she compares to the Highlander, if you don't mind. New members considering both are lurking out there in cyberspace...Is she the best? I know I'm loving my big silver baby, but just since January 5th.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
74PILOTMOM said:
So, you actually DRIVE her then! :4: Tells us through your experiences here how she compares to the Highlander, if you don't mind. New members considering both are lurking out there in cyberspace...Is she the best? I know I'm loving my big silver baby, but just since January 5th.
I really enjoy the Pilot, with the much larger interior, better sound system (IMHO), less road and wind noise, and sportier drive than the Highlander. While cost to operate isn't a big issue for me, the fact that the Pilot runs fine on regular gas and the HL needed premium was another difference.

Overall, the build quality of the Pilot (again IMHO), was better than the HL's as a first year vehicle.

I've made a number of posts in the comparison and other threads discussing the two in more detail.

·
Registered
620 Posts
jay said:

I really enjoy the Pilot, with the much larger interior, better sound system (IMHO)...
This may be a dumb question, but what does IMHO mean?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Jet-Pilot-64 said:
This may be a dumb question, but what does IMHO mean?
In My Humble Opinion

·
Registered
449 Posts
Also today in history

Also today in history: Florida_guy surpasses the 700 post count without actually owning a Pilot. As Bubb Rubb would say, "It's dat wooo wooo!"

Sorry to steal a little of your thunder, jay:1

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Also today in history

Twinkie said:
Also today in history: Florida_guy surpasses the 700 post count without actually owning a Pilot. As Bubb Rubb would say, "It's dat wooo wooo!"

dont forget Tracy ;)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Also today in history

Twinkie said:

Hmmm... didn't even notice that. :) I don't get the reference though and I guess I should... "It's dat wooo wooo!"????

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Also today in history

florida_guy said:

Hmmm... didn't even notice that. :) I don't get the reference though and I guess I should... "It's dat wooo wooo!"????
FG.....Did you click on the "Bubb Rubb" link?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Also today in history

Ziploc said:

FG.....Did you click on the "Bubb Rubb" link?
I didn't before, but I did now. I still don't get what that has to do with me... uhhh... procrastinating. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just realized that I registered here on 7/1/02, one year ago today. I'd had the Pilot 28 days. I've learned a lot, had a few chuckles, and hopefully contributed some as well.

Thanks, everyone. May the next year be even better!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts