Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:8:
My Sandstone Metallic EX-L RES is due to be delivered at the end of August. In a couple of weeks, I'm going in to the dealer to finalize the deal, and I'm sure the issue of pinstriping is going to come up.

I have a very light grey pinstripe on my Black Currant Accord that matches the interior color very nicely, but because the Pilot is going to be Sandstone, I'm thinking that its probably better to go without a pinstripe on this vehicle. Also, I'm not sure that a pinstripe would look good on this particular vehicle. I've seen some really nice pinstripes, but I've probably seen equally ugly pinstripes.

I was hoping that some of the existing Pilot owners could give their advice on if I should pinstripe or not. Who has gone without a pinstripe and what do they think? Who has gone with the pinstripe and what do they think. Also, any pictures of Pilots with pinstripes would be nice.

Thanks in advance for helping me to make an informed decision on this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pin Stripe

I have SS and added black pin stripe. It was standard Honda issue with emblem. Looks awesome and others have commented on its looks.

:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like it

I have a Evergreen Pearl EX-L. The original dealer ( it was a dealer trade ) had put on the pinstriping that has the Honda emblem. It's a tan stripe that matches the camel interior very well. When my dealer told me the vehicle he found me had pinstriping, I was reluctant. But he said if I didn't like it, he could have it removed. When I took delivery, I had to admit I liked it alot. So, in my case, I didn't have to pay for it. After I wash my Pilot again, I'll take a pic of it and post it up here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
No pinstripe on my SS Pilot but would love to get black pin striping. Can pilotman post some pictures of his SS ? Would be helpful in making the decision for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just my opinion, but I don't think pinstriping looks good on modern cars. I don't like anything that has a basis of just making the dealer a profit. And one of my pet peeves is the pinstripers themselves. Why do they get to sign their name for putting two thin little stips of paint on a car? Does the mechanic sign the engine when he changes the oil?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Pinned

I think a tastefully done stripe is nice. The ones talked about here with the Honda emblem sound really cool. Plain ones look like crap. I never put one on my Accord and am not sure about one on the Pilot. I don't want Joe's Garage to slap one on.

Norb, what do you mean sign their name? On your car?

If someone has it can they post a pic?

·
Registered
61 Posts
GOT IT HERE

Black pin striping came from the dealer with my SS EX and it looks great!!! Saw it before it was put on and I like my Pilot better with vs without!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pin Stripe

I must say it look great - black on SS (it is painted on and cost was $125). I will try to borrow a digital camera and get a pic on here.:2:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
KEPILOT said:
How mcuh does it generally costs, installed/stuck.

KE
Dealers will charge quite a bit to do this and those with it done beforehand check you sticker and see what the mark up was. If I remember correctly, I believe they'll charge up to $100 for the pin striping. I have never been a pinstriping fan myself ... but I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
KEPILOT said:
Pilotman & PrG : Thanks.

PrG : Did you get the NEW Pilot. Is Black final now. Good Luck, keep us updated.

KE
Yes Black is final ... picked it up on Monday ... and just went over 300 miles on it today ... I am happy ... although the car is not without it's imperfections ... working on the little fixes now ... Which reminds me .... I need to update my signature block for the new color ... Thanks for the concern KEPILOT ...

PrG;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pinstring on my Evergreen Pearl EX-L

Not sure how to do multiple pictures in the same post....so I'll do them one at a time.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts

Second pic

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts

Third pic

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts

Last Pic.....not very good look at the pinstriping

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oooppppssss

I know it's "Pinstriping" and not "Pinstring". Misspelled it the first time....then just kept pasting it in the the subject each time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey WNYPilotGuy:

While you can count me in the 'not of fan of pinstriping' club, I have to admit it looks very classy on your EP. Very well done and compliments the interior nicely.

Don't know how it would look on our forthcoming Sandstone though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
WNY...

Those custom stripes look really nice! The Honda emblems are classy.

We also have the Evergreen Pearl with the gold stripes, but our stripes are just plain.

:(

1 - 20 of 77 Posts