Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finally found the one I wanted. A 2010 ex-l with leather and a factory dvd player. Super clean one owner. It needs new tires which I prefer to pick myself as I'm picky about my tires. I am looking at going bigger and wanted some input from the folks who have lifted they're rides. Regrets, thoughts, advice? Whats the best lift kit? I do go off road, deer lease dragging a 4 wheeler on a trailer.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Thoughts, suck it up, pay the money and buy a quality lift kit. Looks can be deceiving. The more you raise it the less stability the vehicle has. You want a kit that maintains the vehicle integrity when going around curves etc.

When you say bigger tires, what do you mean, taller, wider or both? Taller make sure the lift gives you necessary height clearance.

Wider, don't go crazy. The problem with wider and lift kits isn't the fenders, its the inner wheel wells. To go much wider than OEM you either have to reconfigure the inner wheel wells or LIFT the vehicle. Otherwise you will get inner wheel well rub. Bad on tires, not good on the suspension. Keep in mind that wider also means more rolling resistance which will lower your mileage.

Ready Lift makes quality components, from what my rock climber jeep owing friends advise. This is the kit for a 2010 Pilot.

Your other option is a full suspension lift. Much more expensive as you will be replacing everything, shocks, springs etc.

If you get the vehicle keep us updated with pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've actually bought the car. Im not new to lift kits. Just never done one on Honda. My other ride is a Z71 Suburban that I lifted and set her on 35" Wrangler Duratracs. Just lookin to hear from others what have they noticed when they did theirs. Any issues, quirks, or would do differently next time. I'll post some pics hopefully later today.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Most of the kits available for Pilots are usually mild lift kits that use front/rear strut/shock extensions, extended sway bar links, rear spring spacers. The Pilot IFS is usually limited to 2-2.5" max lift compared to bigger lift kits for body on frame vehicles due to affects on CV axle angles that can result in shorter CV axle life and some unusual vibrations. Be sure to post your build as it should be interesting to follow.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Most of us are quite famiiar with list j
I've actually bought the car. Im not new to lift kits. Just never done one on Honda. My other ride is a Z71 Suburban that I lifted and set her on 35" Wrangler Duratracs. Just lookin to hear from others what have they noticed when they did theirs. Any issues, quirks, or would do differently next time. I'll post some pics hopefully later today.
The burban was built to be lifted hense the torsion keys that's included .. The Pilot was Never designed to be lifted ..BUT it's doesn't mean it wasn't done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a CV go out in my 08 pilot so I decided if I was tearing it down I would put a 2.5” kit along with pretty much all new parts just to ensure a long life. It has been a struggle with old parts and hurting myself and some misinformation from the kit provider. And some mishaps Over all been kind of fun and also looking to put bigger tires on it in the future.

I used the Freedom Off-road kit. Personally at this time I would just get the spacers / sway bar from them. I found issues with their front camber bolts and the rear camber arms from TruHart. I ended up having to pull the arms and just couldn’t use their bots as the struts that I have do not have slots for the washer ears etc.

If you are interested I’m just about done writing about it in the 08 forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts