Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been waiting for a month for a havasu blue ex-l with nav, and have also been on the list for the silver. A dealer (not in our area) just called me on a cancellation of a silver with nav...very tempting. The pro is getting our car in a week's time. The con is that the dealership is not near us in NYC, but near my parents in Washington DC. Anyone think that there's an issue of dealing with service etc at a dealership where you didn't buy your Pilot? Also, there's the color, we really liked the Havasu, but we are really tired of waiting.....

What do you think? :confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Havasu is nice

I am sure lots will argue, but Silver is boring.
(Silver is the new beige) :D

As for the dealer issue, don't worry. The Warrenty is from Honda not the dealer.
The dealers get paid for any work they do (either by you or by Honda) and realy don't care where the money comes from.

Just don't try to negotiate free oil changes (or you will have to visit your parents every 3750 to 7500 miles).
:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Long distance purchasing

The last two Hondas I bought were both long distance purchases. I have never had an issue with my local dealer about warranty issues or regular service. I bought my Pilot from a dealer that is a 5 hour drive from home. The color is up to you.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
5 hours?

Mine is 800 miles.
And yes it is near my parents and in-laws. (Specifically did not want free oil changes) :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I got 6 free changes for going to a "new car orientation" at my dealer, lasted about 45mins and they provided food and drinks.....not a bad deal

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you are the type to have "buyer's regret" sometimes after major purchases, I would wait for the Havasu that you really wanted. Otherwise, the first Havasu you see in a picture or in person is going to make you wish you had waited. If you are the type to make a decision and never look back, then get the Silver if you can't stand the wait any longer. So long as it's a Pilot, it's all good!

Chris

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: Havasu is nice

N_Jay:

Easy on the Silver bashing, please ! :2:

N_Jay said:
I am sure lots will argue, but Silver is boring.
(Silver is the new beige) :D

As for the dealer issue, don't worry. The Warrenty is from Honda not the dealer.
The dealers get paid for any work they do (either by you or by Honda) and realy don't care where the money comes from.

Just don't try to negotiate free oil changes (or you will have to visit your parents every 3750 to 7500 miles).
:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
All in jest

We almost bought silver, but I looked out the window at the office and saw a sea of silver SUVs, and Minivans.
All my wife wanted was a color that would not look dirty.
Personlally I wanted the Metalic Blue from the S2000.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Re: Re: Havasu is nice

03pilot said:
N_Jay:

Easy on the Silver bashing, please ! :2:

I agree. The silver is very nice. Of course, it's no Evergreen but waddayagonnado?

Chris

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: All in jest

I know. I was just trying to pull your leg.

In fact I wanted the White but the wife insisted she wanted the Silver and you all know how that goes with decisions in these matters, don't you.

N_Jay said:
We almost bought silver, but I looked out the window at the office and saw a sea of silver SUVs, and Minivans.
All my wife wanted was a color that would not look dirty.
Personlally I wanted the Metalic Blue from the S2000.

·
Registered
168 Posts
One thing to consider without casting an opinion on either color.

A few weeks/months wait could be worth it for a vehicle that you will keep for a years. I feel your pain on the waiting time, but it will be worth it to drive the vehicle of choice.

Good luck and please keep us up to date of which way you go.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My wife commented to me the other day: "This car would look much better if it were silver." I think she wanted it to match my hair...Of course I showed true astonishment at her pronouncement - the Evergreen/Camel combo we have is the obvious winner - or so I thought. Go with your gut on the color - it's an emotional/subjective thing. I'd wait for the Blue you want.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We waited an extra 6 weeks for beautiful Havasu Blue. could have had a Taffeta White but chose to wait. Well, I did. The rest of the family almost didn't forgive me for it! But we are glad we waited. (And my better half mentioned the other day that the Taffeta's VIN might have been in the water pump recall...)

·
Registered
311 Posts
By the way - what IS a havasu anyway???

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I were you, I'd wait for the Pilot. I've been waiting since early July, just Friday took delivery of a Havasu EX. It's great, I recommend waiting. I'll be sure to post pictures soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wait for the Havasu. I have that color, and it is the color that prompts the most comments (always positive). Silver is OK, but I will often call it shiny grey. Silver owners please don't take offense...

Phil Reedy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Re: All in jest

03pilot said:
I know. I was just trying to pull your leg.

In fact I wanted the White but the wife insisted she wanted the Silver and you all know how that goes with decisions in these matters, don't you.

Your decision as far as brand name, type of car and model and wife picks the color. No? Wife picked Pilot AND color too?

·
Registered
123 Posts
philmarie said:
Silver is OK, but I will often call it shiny grey. Silver owners please don't take offense...

Phil Reedy
As long as I don't have to wash it b/c silver and/or shiny grey masks dirty pretty well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE

Well, we've decided to wait. I think my gut would be to take the silver as I just want to get my pilot sooner than later, but hubby wants to wait. A little surprising as I had to sell him on the color in the first place, but I guess I had done a good sales job as he wants to wait. It may be a while though, the 2-3 dealers we are talking to say that Nav is not ordered much and Havasu with Nav even less....oh well, back to the waiting game, thanks for help....:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts