Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting very excited about ordering an 04 I'm starting to have second thoughts about it after reading about the weird window/door noise problems. Spending 30k on a car is a stretch for me. While I can overlook the squeaks and rattles on my 17k Subaru or my 97 Mazda, I'm not sure I'm can be as forgiving on a car costing nearly twice what I'm accustom to spending. I know the good far outweigh the bad but I was wandering are there any people out there who regret their decision. I'm also starting to look at the Highlander now, but I really like the Pilot better. Is it too much to ask for perfection at this price point?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was in your situation a few months ago. I reviewed the pros and cons of the pilot compared to the highlander and mdx. I knew that there were some flaws mentioned in this forum. However, it was fairly minor after you weigh in the features of the 2004 model such as the middle seats that adjust, heated seats and mirrors, and overall quality of a Honda product for less than $300 increase from 2003 pricing. When it came time to trade in my 2002 Toyota Tacoma for a family vehicle, the pilot was our choice since it fit our needs and of course $$. I just recently ordered my 2004 Silver EX-L and can't wait to enjoy it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pilot great SUV-Forum members very exacting

Locomoto,get a good price,and buy away.We have 7000 miles on our Pilot-MAY 03 build date,and it is perfect.Even at $30,000 it is the most SUV for the money of any of the Japanese Co.It also has the most room of anything close to it's length..
The Forum members are very exacting,much more picky than a general c/s of buyers. Problems are going to get a lot more ink and attention than "non problems";even the major problems are nickle and dime stuff like squeeky windows.Go to some other forum-say Ford-andyou will here some really sad stories,of motor,trans,electrical,suspension etc parts failing.
Waiting till 2004 was a smart move,since you will get the adj middle seat,so the rear seat will have more legroom-a very significant modification.Luck,Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts