Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hmm. I'm wondering if I should do that next weekend when I replace the radiator. When are you going to do it? I'd be curious to see how it turns out and what your bracket solution looks like.
Probably starting around the same time. Will keep you posted.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Next up is the Denso radiator and auxiliary trans cooler. Plan is to make custom braces to support the trans cooler. Never been a fan of the push-thru plastic ties that go through the cooler>condenser>radiator View attachment 137912 View attachment 137913
I DON'T LIKE THE PULL THROUGH ATTACHMENTS EITHER.....

I USED A SIMULAR COOLER ON MY PILOT.....AND I MADE MY OWN BRACKETS OUT OF FLAT STOCK.....AND RAN 2 PIECES OF IT IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR.....FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER WITH THE COOLER BOLTED TOP AND BOTTOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLAT STOCK.....

THAT GAVE ME ABOUT 2 OR 3 INCHES OF SPACE BETWEEN THE RADIATOR AND THE COOLER.....

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Mine are at 32" front and rear right now. This is a month and a half after installing new KYB quick struts and new rear shocks. Interestingly, it was at 32.5" with the original Honda struts right before the replacement.
Makes sense as the ReadyLift is 2”/1” F/R

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I DON'T LIKE THE PULL THROUGH ATTACHMENTS EITHER.....

I USED A SIMULAR COOLER ON MY PILOT.....AND I MADE MY OWN BRACKETS OUT OF FLAT STOCK.....AND RAN 2 PIECES OF IT IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR.....FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER WITH THE COOLER BOLTED TOP AND BOTTOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLAT STOCK.....

THAT GAVE ME ABOUT 2 OR 3 INCHES OF SPACE BETWEEN THE RADIATOR AND THE COOLER.....
Kind of what I was planning. Thanks

81 - 86 of 86 Posts