Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...those 265/45s on 20's are a little thin for my taste.

What would be a good beefier swap that will still fit just fine? I wouldn't want to spend on a proper sized wheel. Well...maybe...18s?

265/55 x20?

Opinions...?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm working on this from the day the tire sizes were announced.
I'm in Northeast so the snow performance is important. At the same time, I do not see that swapping to winter tires is necessary in where I live (MA).
Another consideration is speedometer error. I would like to keep it as small as possible.

So far 265/45-R20 replacement for myself I narrowed it down to the following 2:
Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 265/50-R20 107T - great overall tire, good wet and snow traction
Continental TerrainContact A/T in 265/50-R20 107T - a bit more off-road oriented with still good on-road performance

The speed rating in both of them a little lower (118mph) but still acceptable.
These two options do not give much increase in the sidewall (~0.2 inch increase) but also do not through off the speedometer. If much thicker sidewall is needed, I would consider changing the rims to 18 inch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The stock tires are Continental CrossContact LX Sport 265/45-R20 104H. I cannot seems to find 104H on Continental website, only 108H but it looks like the diameter would be the same.
CrossContact LX Sport - 265/45R20 108H Tire | Continental

Stock tires are 29.4 in in diameter. The alternatives I listed above are 30.4 in,

I stop by the dealership today and they had Elite in the showroom. For the rear wheels there is a lot of room so I do not think there will be a problem with /55. For the fromt wheels I turned the wheels all the way in one direction and tried to see how much room is in the wheel well around the wheel. There is not much. I think /50 I listed above should not have a problem but /55 might be either too tight or will be scraping. That's just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts