Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...those 265/45s on 20's are a little thin for my taste.

What would be a good beefier swap that will still fit just fine? I wouldn't want to spend on a proper sized wheel. Well...maybe...18s?

265/55 x20?

Opinions...?

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm working on this from the day the tire sizes were announced.
I'm in Northeast so the snow performance is important. At the same time, I do not see that swapping to winter tires is necessary in where I live (MA).
Another consideration is speedometer error. I would like to keep it as small as possible.

So far 265/45-R20 replacement for myself I narrowed it down to the following 2:
Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 265/50-R20 107T - great overall tire, good wet and snow traction
Continental TerrainContact A/T in 265/50-R20 107T - a bit more off-road oriented with still good on-road performance

The speed rating in both of them a little lower (118mph) but still acceptable.
These two options do not give much increase in the sidewall (~0.2 inch increase) but also do not through off the speedometer. If much thicker sidewall is needed, I would consider changing the rims to 18 inch.

· Registered
12 Posts
The stock tires are Continental CrossContact LX Sport 265/45-R20 104H. I cannot seems to find 104H on Continental website, only 108H but it looks like the diameter would be the same.
CrossContact LX Sport - 265/45R20 108H Tire | Continental

Stock tires are 29.4 in in diameter. The alternatives I listed above are 30.4 in,

I stop by the dealership today and they had Elite in the showroom. For the rear wheels there is a lot of room so I do not think there will be a problem with /55. For the fromt wheels I turned the wheels all the way in one direction and tried to see how much room is in the wheel well around the wheel. There is not much. I think /50 I listed above should not have a problem but /55 might be either too tight or will be scraping. That's just my opinion.

· Registered
4 Posts
I ended up swapping out wheels for 18" wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler tires - required small lift kit too. I got it all from Front Page | Jsport USA and have been quite happy so far. Just slightly noisier, not sure of gas mileage changes yet. It isn't a /65 but a /55 tire and the deeper sidewall definitely feels better when I bump a curb (I blew out a sidewall on a stock 20" tire by hitting a curb at less than 10 mph!).
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
4 Posts

What would be a good beefier swap that will still fit just fine? I wouldn't want to spend on a proper sized wheel. Well...maybe...18s?

265/55 x20?

Opinions...?
See my post below. I got 18" rims and 255/60R18 tires by Nitto - Terra Grappler. Maybe not the best off road but this is my daily driver and so far so good. Though I am a bit disappointed they are narrower than the factory tires it makes turning easier - maybe too easy.

· Registered
39 Posts
See my post below. I got 18" rims and 255/60R18 tires by Nitto - Terra Grappler. Maybe not the best off road but this is my daily driver and so far so good. Though I am a bit disappointed they are narrower than the factory tires it makes turning easier - maybe too easy.
Those look great!

I have a 2019 Touring AWD and want to dump the 20's as well, but I will probably wait a little while to use get some mileage out of them, have 3 or 4 curb rash incidents so far, nothing tire-popping.

I'm still deciding on which Wheels to get, I like several of the Black Rhino wheels, and want to get the Nitto Terra Grappler 2 (265/60/R18), but I am really hoping I can use them without having to get a $1,100 lift kit!

Link: Nitto Tire | Fueled by Enthusiasts

Also have you seen the passportforums.com, it is operated by the same company that has "this' site, but it is much more active with over 2k PASSPORT members?

Link: Honda Passport Forum

Cheers

· Registered
4 Posts
i agree they are narrower. Turn easier but I’m concerned about grip but the terra grapplers are well rated and reviewed.

At ½” taler speedometer difference is minimal even at 80 mph.

265/55 x20?

Opinions...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.