Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to get the tires(the rubber part, not the metal rims) looking like new again.

I would imagine there are several products out there, but which one. Or is there a special 'home remedy' that you use?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I use Wesley's Belcher's White. It is in a white bottle with red and blue. It does an awesome job but should only be used about 3-4 times a year. It takes off the oxidaton when your tire is getting worn or yellow looking. DON'T let it sit too long or get it on your rims for too long. It could damage it. (I haven't had that issue but it is pretty strong stuff.)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use Poorboy's Natural Look to clean to shine the sidewalls. Spray on the sidewalls, agitate lightly with a soft brush and wipe away the dirt. Leaves the sidewalls clean with a nice sheen. If you want a little more shine, just reapply lightly, spraying the Natural Look on a sponge applicator before applying.

·
Registered
138 Posts
banningjr said:
I use Wesley's Belcher's White. It is in a white bottle with red and blue. It does an awesome job but should only be used about 3-4 times a year. It takes off the oxidaton when your tire is getting worn or yellow looking. DON'T let it sit too long or get it on your rims for too long. It could damage it. (I haven't had that issue but it is pretty strong stuff.)
I've been using Wesley's White too for years and it works great. I use it every time my tires get dirty, which is waaay more than 3-4 times a year. I just spray some on and scrub with a brush. I haven't had any problems with it damaging my tires or rims, although I don't let it sit on 'em either. You can pick a bottle up at any auto store, Walmart, K-mart, etc.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've been using something from TurtelWax called "Wet 'n Black". Just spray the tires and let them dry on their own.

They stay black for a good couple of weeks straight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use regular car shampoo (mixed 2x strength) and a scrub brush. Or Eagle One Tire Cleaner, when I don't feel like scrubbing. I wash the entire tire. Rinse well, dry and apply Meguiars Tire Endurance or Lexol Vinylex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts