Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the initial service at 5100 miles on my Silver EX with Bridgestone Duelers, and noticed a slight but noticable feathering of the outer edges of the (formerly) front tires. Anyone else have similar observation? The vehicle shows no signs of misalignment (like tracking difficulties, vibration or excessive fuel consumption toe-in problems, which is what this looks like). I also noticed considerably more wear on the fronts than on the rears (not unexpected, given the weight distribution), which is the reason I rotated...

Another question on anyone else with the Bridgestones and high miles (>25K) - How do they hold up? Based on the initial assesment, I anticipate <40K miles from this set - a figure that's quite disappointing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Bridgestones too. I haven't heard of another Pilot with them until now. I have noticed some feathering on the outside edges as well, and like you have no tracking problems etc. The steering wheel is a bit off center when going straight though. Thought I might try a dealer alignment first. As a side note; have you noticed excessive road/tire noise with your Pilot?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
No feathering on my Goodyears. I've had the tires rotated twice (7500 & 15K), alignment once at 7500 (as part of the strut weld dash clicking noise TSB), and a re-balance at 15K to attempt to solve the 70mph vibration problem.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The "stock" answer

Standing around drinking coffee and killing time in service centers waiting for my car over the years, I've actually read those posters about wheel alignment and tire wear. According to this, feathering can be caused by several things or a combination.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/brochure/info/helpDeskAlignment.jsp

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ckpilot said:
I have the Bridgestones too. I haven't heard of another Pilot with them until now. I have noticed some feathering on the outside edges as well, and like you have no tracking problems etc. The steering wheel is a bit off center when going straight though. Thought I might try a dealer alignment first. As a side note; have you noticed excessive road/tire noise with your Pilot?
No, on most road surfaces it's very quiet. There are some rough textured roads that raise a ruckus, though...

And my wheel is straight-ahead....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts