Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
06' Pilot
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo I have some 20 inc wheels for my 06 pilot exl and I don’t know the correct tire size for it. Can someone bless me rq much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
265 45r20

Reactions: Rhino_Pilot

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Don't you also need to know the width of the wheels before you can recommend a particular size of tire?
This is the size TireRack says fits under the fender of a 2006 Honda Pilot on a 20 inch rim. Yes, the OP needs to know the tire he selects is in the acceptable range of his rim width and if the 20 inch rims he has fit on his vehicle.

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
This is the size TireRack says fits under the fender of a 2006 Honda Pilot on a 20 inch rim.
TireRack also says:
"The optional sizes listed are found to fit most vehicles when using proper wheels. General vehicle condition, vehicle and wheel application can affect proper tire fitment. Optional sizes should be carefully tested on a vehicle and clearances with the body work and suspension should be checked prior to driving on a tire. Failure to do so can cause damage to the vehicle and/or sudden tire failure due to tire damage caused by contact with the vehicle."

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
TireRack also says:
"The optional sizes listed are found to fit most vehicles when using proper wheels. General vehicle condition, vehicle and wheel application can affect proper tire fitment. Optional sizes should be carefully tested on a vehicle and clearances with the body work and suspension should be checked prior to driving on a tire. Failure to do so can cause damage to the vehicle and/or sudden tire failure due to tire damage caused by contact with the vehicle."
Yes, "proper wheels." Hopefully the OP has the proper 20 inch rim for his vehicle to accommodate the recommended tire size of 265 45r20.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yo I have some 20 inc wheels for my 06 pilot exl and I don’t know the correct tire size for it
Check out the TR prices of those 20 inch tires as I'd quickly reconsider bumping up to that size of wheels and tires. If the width or offset is incorrect for your application you could be SOL.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Check out the TR prices of those 20 inch tires as I'd quickly reconsider bumping up to that size of wheels and tires. If the width or offset is incorrect for your application you could be SOL.
Some got money to burn. Maybe this is the OPs summer set up, pimping out the ole Pilot?
If the rim width is correct, These tires designed for a Bentley may work? Lol
The XL rating may make for a rough ride. $2400 for a set is certainly rough.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Pilot
2 Posts

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
You can consider tire size of 245/50R20 for your Honda Pilot
Oh nice!
If the rim width is in range, I'd put these babies on for the summer.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
OP, hope they fill in the potholes where you are before you go out for a spin with your new wheels. Otherwise, it's going to be a very haptic experience, i.e., literally a PITA. 😖

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
OP, hope they fill in the potholes where you are before you go out for a spin with your new wheels. Otherwise, it's going to be a very haptic experience, i.e., literally a PITA. 😖
Agreeed,
In not a fan of larger rims. My wife thinks curbs are bumper boards to bounce off of. (Not to lump all women folk in to this category) 🤦‍♂️ 18in rims take a beating enough as it is.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
I'm kind of liking the ideas of the 20's. Way I figure it, with so many abandoned rail way lines these days, take the tires off, hop on the line and no traffic. Just make sure that it is an abandoned line, Passing lanes are few and far between and the line is a one way line if you meet a locomotive. Their way that is.

You got to watch out for the occasional railway bridge that is missing but if Honda's gonna put train wheels on the thing, might as well get full use out of them. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
I'm kind of liking the ideas of the 20's. Way I figure it, with so many abandoned rail way lines these days, take the tires off, hop on the line and no traffic. Just make sure that it is an abandoned line, Passing lanes are few and far between and the line is a one way line if you meet a locomotive. Their way that is.

You got to watch out for the occasional railway bridge that is missing but if Honda's gonna put train wheels on the thing, might as well get full use out of them. :ROFLMAO:
Then you just need to convert some campers for passenger rail cars.
YouTube

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
Naah. Would just slow me down. Remember there are no speed limits on abandon train tracks.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts