Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Which Tire

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting new tires on my 2014 Honda Pilot Touring. I have good tires that came on it when I bought it. They are Hankook and they are terrible lol. They are like new. Here are my options that I am planning on.

Michelin Crossclimate 2 or BF Goodrich Advantage T/A
Deciding between OEM size 235/60R18 and a larger size 255/55R18.

Any opinions appreciated.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Those Michelins look like directional tires. If so, then they are automatically out of the picture in my book because that restricts the rotational ability.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Those Michelins look like directional tires. If so, then they are automatically out of the picture in my book because that restricts the rotational ability.
I been rotating my High Performance Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s front to back and still reached the 60k mile guarantee. IMO, cross rotation is overrated and I prefer not to stretch the tire the opposite direction. Old school fears.

Reactions: Hondapark

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
If I were in Canada, I'd likely purchase these, if I didn't want a winter tire. Not a fan of squishy touring tires on an SUV.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the Michelins. Just be aware you likely won't get a ton of life out of them, but the life you do get will be incredible. You get what you pay for.

Plus those are all weather tires meaning they meet winter tire requirements.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
You get what you pay for.
Not sure what you mean by this statement. The Michelin tire is not exactly inexpensive. There are some decent tires out there that won't break the bank. I'd read what consumers are saying about the tire I'm considering. I like getting more for less as apposed to a big name and getting less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input. I had Kumho tires on my last car and was not happy with them. I prefer to stick to the bigger names. I also ordered Firestone tires online and I won't ever do that again. They were terrible and the damaged upon arrival. I want to go with the BF Goodrich but I am scared because they only have a only have a 103 load rating and I think I should be using 107.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Not sure what you mean by this statement. The Michelin tire is not exactly inexpensive. There are some decent tires out there that won't break the bank. I'd read what consumers are saying about the tire I'm considering. I like getting more for less as apposed to a big name and getting less.
Correct the Michelin is expensive. But with the high price you get an all weather tire that people really like. Of course there are ways to get more bang for your buck, but between the 2 options given by OP, the Michelin CrossClimate is highly regarded as a great handling all weather tire.
If someone is asking for advice between 2 choices, why introduce a bunch of other options? Just give them feedback based on the 2 choices.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am getting new tires on my 2014 Honda Pilot Touring. I have good tires that came on it when I bought it. They are Hankook and they are terrible lol. They are like new. Here are my options that I am planning on.

I have had BF Goodrich Advantage T/A on my 2003 Outback. It was a great tire in Seattle rain and it did well in the snow both going and stopping. It is not a substitute for a dedicated snow tire though. If you need one tire to do it all, BF Goodrich Advantage T/A can do it but do not expect to be as good during winter as a proper winter tire.

I have not had any experience with Michelin Crossclimate 2.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Correct the Michelin is expensive. But with the high price you get an all weather tire that people really like. Of course there are ways to get more bang for your buck, but between the 2 options given by OP, the Michelin CrossClimate is highly regarded as a great handling all weather tire.
If someone is asking for advice between 2 choices, why introduce a bunch of other options? Just give them feedback based on the 2 choices.
So if your asking me to choose between the 2 tires on the OPs list with a gun to my head, I might die then. Lol

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
So if your asking me to choose between the 2 tires on the OPs list with a gun to my head, I might die then. Lol
Yes I understand you have very strong opinions on what you think is best for everyone’s car and your tendency towards frugality.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Yes I understand you have very strong opinions on what you think is best for everyone’s car and your tendency towards frugality.
Not trying to stop anyone from buying a Mich or Rich tire. I'd say it's more like some want to silence or shame others who would choose a less expensive tire. I chose 60k mile tires so I can have fresh rubber every 2-3 years. These are generally less expensive, but not always. I'll dry rot an 80k mile tire before I use it all. If I cut a tire, it only cost me $130 instead of $200.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Registered
9,715 Posts

Another option is the Nokian WR G4 SUV.
Nokian WR G4 SUV - All-Weather tires / Nokian Tires

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I had the WRG3's and they were amazing but they wore out super quick.
I hear these Vredestein Wintrac Pro can climb a wall. A Performance Winter tire too!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts