Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the Goodyear Integrity tires is directional or non-directional tires?

The manual indicates different way to rotate the tire depending on directional or non-direction tire. :confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
OEM Tire rotation

non directional

·
Registered
797 Posts
My experience with past Goodyears is that they need balancing (and rotating) every 6000 or so miles. In this case, I would have it done with each 7500 mile oil change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Saw many posts on the tires...decided to keep mine for the life and then switch to another brand...Michelin....talked to brother in law who had Goodyears that came on Pilot, he said they wore out in normal driving at 25.....Boo...wish I would have traded in now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
When to rotate CTs

I read an article in the Washington Post today that indicated that autos with automatic four wheel drive or traction control will need to have tires that are very close in size for the system to function propery and thus it will be necessary replace the full set of tires when the time comes rather than one or two at a time. This made me wonder about the rotation schedule for the Michelin Cross Terrains that I have. Does anyone know if the rotation schedule would be the same schedule that is recommended by Honda for the Goodyears?

·
Registered
920 Posts
autobahn said:
My experience with past Goodyears is that they need balancing (and rotating) every 6000 or so miles. In this case, I would have it done with each 7500 mile oil change.
Every 10,000 miles is more then adequate for the average driver. Furthermore, unless my tires feel out of balance, I do not get them balanced. I don't wany some 16 year old get nicking up my wheels taking off and putting on wheel weights.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do you guys that it would be ok to use a 2-ton jack and raise the Pilot in the middle rather than the front and rear jack points???

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Have not looked up front yet;

There is a center jack point in the back. There might be one up front.
If I jacked in the center, I would put jack stands under each side.

It is no fun getting car that has fallen off the jack back up. (Don't ask!)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Have not looked up front yet;

N_Jay said:
There is a center jack point in the back. There might be one up front.
If I jacked in the center, I would put jack stands under each side.

It is no fun getting car that has fallen off the jack back up. (Don't ask!)
What I meant to ask was if it was ok to use the middle of the sides of the car rather than the front and rear. IOW, can I jack up the Pilot using the frame under the front and rear doors???

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I would not

The spots for jacking are strengthened more than the rest of the edge of the body.

If you REALY wanted to do this, I would build a wood saddle that picks up both jack points and spreads out any force put on "non-jack" points.

I would think a 4x4 would be OK, but a 2x6 might work better. Heck even a 2x4 might be fine.
Make sure the piece can not "roll" out (that is why a 2x4 or 2x6)

·
Registered
9 Posts
errr... speaking of jack points...

anyone know if there is a central jack point for the front? There is a beefy-looking tie-down hook up there, but I don't know what that is connected to... looks as strong as the central jack point for the rear.

continuing OCD forces me to find the OPTIMAL way to rotate my tires with the absolute MINIMUM number of ... ok, so I bought a freakin floor jack, ok and I want to try it out.

Any ideas? How do you get that front end (or even just one side) up on jack stands?

mmmPIE

·
Registered
920 Posts
P1E said:
errr... speaking of jack points...

anyone know if there is a central jack point for the front? There is a beefy-looking tie-down hook up there, but I don't know what that is connected to... looks as strong as the central jack point for the rear.

continuing OCD forces me to find the OPTIMAL way to rotate my tires with the absolute MINIMUM number of ... ok, so I bought a freakin floor jack, ok and I want to try it out.

Any ideas? How do you get that front end (or even just one side) up on jack stands?

mmmPIE
Yes you can use the beefy looking front jack point. I plan on using it and the rear jacking point to rotate my tires-

·
Registered
9 Posts
MG -- roger that... I will send the girlfiend under and have her check for stability :25:

Will report back soon, thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mkell, I check with Radial Tire of Silver Spring where we bought the Michelin CTs. They will rotate the tires and rebalance them, FREE, at 6,000 miles interval

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks hoppy, I was wondering if I should go there or have the dealership do it as part of the first maintenance I was planning at 5K. The only thing about Radial is the potential wait - When I went there I had the sense that I was the only one in the DC area that didn't know about them - there were so many cars in line. Maybe the thing to do is get there super early and wait with a big cup of coffee. It would be nice to get it done for free.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes, getting early is a must. Plan to be there before 830am for the 9 am store opening. You want to be in the first batch of cars to go in the shop, or you have to wait 30-45 minutes for the next batch to go in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts