Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brought my vehicle in for service today I totally forgot I had 1 anti-theft lug on each wheel and didn't offer the key.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff, but correct me if I'm wrong - tire rotation & balance requires all the wheels to be removed from the vehicle, right?

Do dealerships have some kind of master key for the anti-theft lugs?

Does anyone have anti-theft lug nuts on their vehicle and have gotten a tire rotation and balance at the dealership?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if the wheel locks are an off-brand (not Honda?) Are there any visual checks I can do to be sure it was actually done? I've had problems at this dealership in the past and wouldn't be surprised if they skipped out.

Edit: I'll do some research on my own. Thanks for the quick reply :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
since mine is HONDA OEM locks, they have and have shown me the master lock they use. Another way to really know they did it is to see on the inside of each tire where it is marked with a white chalk-like material on the inside, have a look and you can tell where each wheel belonged, for example, LF (left Front) vs LR (left rear) would swap places

·
Registered
597 Posts
since mine is HONDA OEM locks, they have and have shown me the master lock they use. Another way to really know they did it is to see on the inside of each tire where it is marked with a white chalk-like material on the inside, have a look and you can tell where each wheel belonged, for example, LF (left Front) vs LR (left rear) would swap places

I second that! When I was at Toyota we had a few master sets for the Toyota locks only. I would also mark at least one tire just as a reference so you know if they were moved or not. A lot of the times it doesnt get done if they can get away with it and save time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts