Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,692 Posts
Michelin Defender LTX is widely used. The ride, tread life and grip is good. They do cost a bit more but people are generally very pleased with these tires.

Do a search on here about tires. People have very strong opinions on which tire is the best. It's hard to make a recommendation when we don't know what you want (ride quality, snow performance, budget, etc).

Tirerack.com is a good resource. You can search reviews for your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
But I still have the Michelin Defender LTX's predecessor, the Michelin LTX M/S2, and they still have plenty of life left in them.

Of course haven't been driving as much this past year for some reason. :(

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
Still fresh, no cracks or dry rot. When on the Pilot in the summer, they sleep in the garage so as to avoid UV rays from the sun, and in the winter they are well stored. It's always good to check, though.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,349 Posts
The High Performance Sumitomo HTR A/S P03s are not available for this vehicle with a 16 inch rim. My choice for an 06 Pilot would be.....

Highly rated by consumers. The price makes it easy.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
The High Performance Sumitomo HTR A/S P03s are not available for this vehicle with a 16 inch rim. My choice for an 06 Pilot would be.....
View attachment 143948
Highly rated by consumers. The price makes it easy.
Also note... Not a squishy touring tire.
Points off for replying to ones own post.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
10,860 Posts

·
Registered
10,196 Posts

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
I thought you get double points for that here. :D
I'm thinking it's looked down upon, so I chastised myself before someone else did. Good to know you get double points. Only bern here a year. I didn't know that. 😎

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
12,349 Posts

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Wai wai wait,
I've not recommend every kind of tire Sumitomo makes. I did make a joke for Sumitomo bus tires, once. Most of my recommendations are for products I use. But in this case, I would "try" the Kumho Crugen HT51 simply based on ratings and price.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
642 Posts
Still fresh, no cracks or dry rot. When on the Pilot in the summer, they sleep in the garage so as to avoid UV rays from the sun, and in the winter they are well stored. It's always good to check, though.

I wonder what the consensus is when kept like. I just assumed after 6 years its better to be safe then sorry but then I found this....

Tire manufacturers such as Continental and Michelin say a tire can last up to 10 years provided you get annual tire inspections after the fifth year.

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
489 Posts
I just assumed after 6 years its better to be safe then sorry
I like that strategy. I had a trailer tire blow out that was 7 years old. Looked perfectly fine, but obviously not the case. Now I replace them after 6 years. I don't want that to happen again.

Reactions: Highspeedbail
1 - 20 of 59 Posts