Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EX-L with 800 miles. When on the highway the front end feels as though it floats similiar to when you drive fast over a large bump or when there is a gusty wind blowing. I checked the tire pressure and its fine. The service advisor took it for a ride and said it felt like tire feedback and wants the factory rep to drive it too. Anyone else having this problem or do all Pilots drive this way. At first I thought I had to get used to the front wheel drive. I didn't notice this on the test drive before I bought one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not me

This is my first front wheel drive vehicle and I actually expected to feel some difference in handling. I've had it at about 90mph and it felt solid with no "float" or anything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a little over 1100 miles on our vehicle now. During our trip to Hilton Head and our regular commute, we haven't had any issues.

I had some initial concerns after reading some of the other Goodyear tire threads. From talking with several folks, it appears that Goodyear has discontinued the Integrity. Goodyear probably gave Honda a good deal to take them for the Pilot.

Most of the tire stores would only give us between $25-$30 as a trade-in for the Michelin Cross Terrain, Continental Contitrac or Goodyear Fortera.

As with most vehicles, the tires that come with the vehicle generally do not last or ride as well as you place mileage on them. We'll probably replace them around 25-30,000 miles or if the ride starts to turn real bad.

·
Registered
335 Posts
NO, I didn't sense that, although I have upgraded to the CT. I was VERY pleased coming back from Washington, in bad rain and feeling rock solid doing 15 MPH faster than the flow of traffic.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts