Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’m moving to Texas soon and was considering tinting my front windshield. Currently have the fronts at 35% ceramic and the sides and rear at 0%.

My question is would it be worth it? Anyone here done it on their Pilot? Is there any haze or weird issues with seeing through it?

I’m looking at a 70% for the windshield.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I live in FL and had the Pilot's entire windshield done with clear ceramic heat rejection film. It helps quite a bit. Got the same done to my truck which I bought a few months later. No issues seeing through it as it's clear, but figured I'd share.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: PilotSaurus

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Hello all,
I’m moving to Texas soon and was considering tinting my front windshield. Currently have the fronts at 35% ceramic and the sides and rear at 0%.

My question is would it be worth it? Anyone here done it on their Pilot? Is there any haze or weird issues with seeing through it?

I’m looking at a 70% for the windshield.
Those darn state laws.............

"Texas window tint laws specify the following: Windshield may only have top 5 inches tinted with 25% VLT. Front side windows must pass through more than 25% of light inside your car (25% VLT)."

Save your money, if you become a resident you may need it to re-tint the front side windows to 25%.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had windshield tint on my previous car. Got stopped by a traffic cop on I-45 about 20 min away from Dallas. The tint was already on the windshield when I purchased new (added by dealer?). I had no idea it was illegal in TX 'til cop stopped me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know about the State laws. Was planning on keeping my plates I have (they expire in like 5-yrs) and not becoming a resident. I was just figuring since 70% or maybe even getting 80% is basically clear, how would a cop know?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good to know about the State laws. Was planning on keeping my plates I have (they expire in like 5-yrs) and not becoming a resident. I was just figuring since 70% or maybe even getting 80% is basically clear, how would a cop know?
I was stopped by a cop back in '96 or '97. He had a cigarette box size thing placed on my windshield. I guess it's some kind of tint meter.

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
You need to do some research into residency in Texas as well. Unless you are military or someone's dependent, ie going to school, you will become a resident whether you think you are or not if you move there. Most states have a nice fine for not doing things like transferring plates within a short time frame, usually around 60 days to 6 months.

As for the tint. They carry light transmission meters and use them. It's one of those things that makes cases go real smooth in court having a readout, just like having a radar readout for speeding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, I fall into one of those categories, so I should be good. Was just looking for people who have had it done and if it cuts down on the heat from the front more. Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
Yup, I fall into one of those categories, so I should be good. Was just looking for people who have had it done and if it cuts down on the heat from the front more. Thanks all!
I wouldn't count on it. Texas is a country all to its own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts