Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting some quotes lately to get max tinting all around (excluding the front pass/driver's windows). This is not limo tint but what they refer to it as 10-20% (amt of light that will penetrate).

They are all ranging between $150-$175.

The question I have is warranty. 90% of theses tinting places offer a 1yr warranty with a couple of guys offering a 2yr warranty.

From what I've read here, most people are getting LIFETIME warranties with their tint jobs. Maybe it's a NY thing, but I can't get a Lifetime warranty from anyone!

Any suggestions?

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a lifetime warranty on mine.. Seems to be the standard type here in Texas for quality tint.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have always had lifetime warranties on my tint jobs. I ve seen some awful jobs on other cars. Some that bubble up or change color. I wouldn't take anything with less than a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The warranty is usually tied to the type of tinting film.

The dyed-only films will be something like 1 to 3 years because the color may change and the film is not as durable.

The metal-dyed combo and metal only films often have a UV barrier and will have longer warranties (often lifetime). These films usually don't change color or wear too fast.

Also check and see if the warranty covers the installation costs of the replacement and not just the film (by film manufacturer) - may vary between shops.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
zotomomo said:
I have always had lifetime warranties on my tint jobs. I ve seen some awful jobs on other cars. Some that bubble up or change color. I wouldn't take anything with less than a lifetime warranty.
I always thought the cars with bubbling tint were "do it yourself" mistakes.:2:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.

I will inquire further on the types of tinting used which could offer a better warranty (and probably at a higher price).

·
Registered
42 Posts
tim.s said:
I always thought the cars with bubbling tint were "do it yourself" mistakes.:2:
Yeah, probably a lot of them are. I did have a friend get hers done professionally ( no lifetime warranty) and it bubbled several months later. Not as obvious as the DIY ones, but definitely enough to distort her vision.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We had one professionally done that bubbled. The problem was moisture - this was our "lake car" that had damp towels left in it a little too long! We had a lifetime warranty, so no problem. Well, actually there was *one* problem - the kid who took off the old tint cut through our rear defroster.:rolleyes: But we've had other cars done - at that shop and at others - with absolutely no problems. And always a lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Head out of NYC

In Philly/South Jersey every shop I called had the lifetime warranty and charged about $200-$250 for the "rear 7".

Maybe the warranty issue has something to do with the fact that the EX windows are already tinted?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts