Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I just hate walking in to the auto parts store to rent "for free" a tool when I didn't buy any of the associated parts there.
I've never had anyone act indifferent about checking out tools. But if it bothers you, buy a blue roll of paper towels. You can always use those during the job.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
But if it bothers you, buy a blue roll of paper towels. You can always use those during the job.
You mean... as second rate shop rags? :p

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
You mean... as second rate shop rags? :p
Not everyone has old cloths to use a shop rags. Even I keep a roll of blue paper towels when I need clean up a spill and dispose. Great for when your beer gets knocked over.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Not everyone has old cloths to use a shop rags. Even I keep a roll of blue paper towels when I need clean up a spill and dispose. Great for when your beer gets knocked over.
My shop rags are 99% T shirts that I just knew I wouldn't get dirty while doing work that I ended up getting a stain that wouldn't come out on.

Basically all of my shirts are eligible and likely to become shop rags when they get enough stains that my wife tells me to stop wearing them in public.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Anyone with kids will always have some sort of old clothes ... nothing wrong if you have them to cut them up and re use them as rags. Saves a hell of alot of money these days.. Nothing wrong in using the blue paper towel stuff either ..or even that whitey tighty crap .. that people buy too works

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Anyone with kids will always have some sort of old clothes ... nothing wrong if you have them to cut them up and re use them as rags. Saves a hell of alot of money these days.. Nothing wrong in using the blue paper towel stuff either ..or even that whitey tighty crap .. that people buy too works
True, but again, just trying to help @rjwindham to feel guiltless about using Orielly tools without buying anything. To bad they don't sell 2 cent bubble gum.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
You know you're old when:
  1. You feel guilty about borrowing free stuff without buying anything.
  2. You can actually remember the shock of seeing the price of Bazooka Joe bubble gum increase 100% from 1¢ to 2¢.
  3. You still use the ¢ key on your keyboard.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
View attachment 140007 You know you're old when:
  2. You can actually remember the shock of seeing the price of Bazooka Joe bubble gum increase 100% from 1¢ to 2¢.
2 out of 3
I would use the cent key on my phone if I had one.
👴

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
View attachment 140007 You know you're old when:
I've searched and can't even find the ¢ key on my PC keyboards. Having to remember all those ASCII key codes still makes cents.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I've searched and can't even find the ¢ key on my PC keyboards. Having to remember all those ASCII key codes still makes cents.
I ¢an ¢opy and paste it. It's not anywhere on my android devi¢e to sele¢t.
Why is this symbol not available to ¢onveniently use? I got symbols I never use, but I would use ¢ more often than not.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You old people...

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
One of my neighbors claimed to be the "creator of the icon" when we moved here six years ago. I mentioned my time at Xerox SPARC about 45 years ago, that I didn't recognize him or his name, and he's been silent since. I worked on manufacturing methods for making the little silicone-coated lead balls that were used in the original computer mouse. remember those? Did software QC as a grad student for a GUI OS called GEM for Xerox, the true predecessor of both the Windows and MAC UI's that we all get to enjoy today. spent time at Visicorp, who made the commercial implementaions of VisiCalc, the predecessor of Lotus 123 and Excel. On a UI called VisiOn, that never passed my brutal QC regimen. We wrere working this for early 80286 prototypes with 16 bits (!!) of addressable memory.

Had ASCII codes memorized for a lot of years. Now, not so much...

My current keyboard still makse no cents to me. It also has speelling issues.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
One of my neighbors claimed to be the "creator of the icon" when we moved here six years ago. I mentioned my time at Xerox SPARC about 45 years ago, that I didn't recognize him or his name, and he's been silent since. I worked on manufacturing methods for making the little silicone-coated lead balls that were used in the original computer mouse. remember those? Did software QC as a grad student for a GUI OS called GEM for Xerox, the true predecessor of both the Windows and MAC UI's that we all get to enjoy today. spent time at Visicorp, who made the commercial implementaions of VisiCalc, the predecessor of Lotus 123 and Excel. On a UI called VisiOn, that never passed my brutal QC regimen. We wrere working this for early 80286 prototypes with 16 bits (!!) of addressable memory.

Had ASCII codes memorized for a lot of years. Now, not so much...

My current keyboard still makse no cents to me. It also has speelling issues.
Did you ever think about coming up with a solution to clean the millions of dirty little silicone mouse balls? Thus the mass exodus to laser mouse.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Can you be sure it's not fake?
Great question. Maybe call The company? The place I bought from has sold over 700 bottles, Addressed in Indianapolis Indiana. Nice store front.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Did you ever think about coming up with a solution to clean the millions of dirty little silicone mouse balls? Thus the mass exodus to laser mouse.
Dish detergent and DI water rinse. Same for keyboards with greasy brown keys. Manufacturing process used a little detergent/surfactant, alcohol rinse, then DI rinse for final cleaning. No reason not to use the same processes for maintenance. Helps a huge amount if you keep your hands washed, don't smoke and type (you could do that back then), don't spill stuff in keyboard or on mouse pad, keep mouse pad clean.

Biggest problem with the crud on the mouse balls is that it gets onto the little rollers on the opto-interrupter axles. A little rubbing alcohol on a lint-free paper towel would clean those if you didn't want to do the whole thing.

Nowadays, DI water in an ultrasonic bath works wonders on UI hardware. Invisible Glass glass cleaner is a favorite instant cleaner, with alcohol in DI water and the tiniest bit of surfactant to make the water "wet". Best car window cleaner by far.

Reactions: Nail Grease
61 - 80 of 85 Posts